Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hi all

i have been a bulldogs supporter for 50 years and like everything bulldogs related.
    I’m looking forward to joining like minded people to share all thing bulldog
    Nice. Welcome Sam. You won't find anywhere better to share your Dogs thoughts...!
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 54Bulldog16 View Post
    Greetings all,
    Its been sometime since I’ve visited WOOF.
    I was born, raised and still reside in Perth. My Dad is Victorian however so from a young age we only followed the VFL and have been a Dogs man since 1985. Love the club, loved attending the GF in Perth even with the disappointment of losing. I’m raising 4 young and very loyal bulldogs loving children.
    Really excited this year, I think we are in for a massive chance. I love watching the games each week, but I also love discussing list management and building through the draft.
    looking forward to contributing moving forward.
    Cheers
    Welcome to woof! We have a few Perth based members, it's always great to hear from those in the real West!
    Take care and welcome.

3. Likes 54Bulldog16 liked this post
    jtcwbfc Guest

Happy Tuesday folks.

Joining from the Gold Coast.

Born & raised in Brisbane but 4th generation doggies fan going back to my great grandad.

Got a good feeling about the year ahead.

If the new talls at each end can fire & we can keep a clean bill of health, things could get spicy.

Thx for having me

JC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtcwbfc View Post
    Happy Tuesday folks.

Born & raised in Brisbane but 4th generation doggies fan going back to my great grandad.

If the new talls at each end can fire & we can keep a clean bill of health, things could get spicy.

Thx for having me

JC
    We do love interstate members here and hopefully we can do our bit to bring you closer to the club

Welcome aboard.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes 54Bulldog16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtcwbfc View Post
    Happy Tuesday folks.

Thx for having me

JC
    No bragging about the weather when we are deep into July JTC.
    Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like

G'Day all.

Finally joining all the way from the Canadian Prairies

Born In the Heartland of Footscray.

Doggies fan by birth, no choice in the matter really!!

Always dreamed I'd play for them, now just happy to be watching them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyahoy View Post
    G'Day all.

Finally joining all the way from the Canadian Prairies

Born In the Heartland of Footscray.

Doggies fan by birth, no choice in the matter really!!

Always dreamed I'd play for them, now just happy to be watching them.
    Welcome Muzzyahoy. I know the feeling of not having a choice in what team you follow but it was gladly embraced

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Welcome Muzzyahoy. I know the feeling of not having a choice in what team you follow but it was gladly embraced
    Yes for me it was the dogs and Yarraville or you're outa here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all on this warm day in Melbourne.

Hope this post finds you all well

Finally got around to joining WOOF and I am looking forward to reading, posting, venting, celebrating and everything that comes with following this great club.

I was born in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne surrounded by Collingwood, Collingwood and more Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton supporters mainly .

My late father worked in Footscray and my oldest brother made the connection between the suburb dad worked at and the football team he saw on The Winners and so the love for Footscray/Western Bulldogs started for me and all of my extended family.

Since my oldest brother started to follow Footscray every single sibling and cousin that came after him followed his lead.

All my 5 children follow the Dogs as do all my cousins, nephews and nieces that were born after my eldest brother.

I really enjoyed the 1980's loved the guernsey the old Western Oval had some great memories of that period but I still get a thrill out of the side today.

2016 We will all never forget!

Go those Dishlickers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dishlickers - a Bulldog through and through.

Went down to the club today to return a few things and the place is almost unrecognisable with all the construction happening. Who would have thought we would be developing the ground like this went standing in front of the old John Gent or Whitten stand. Some great memories in the 80s.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes DISHLICKERS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Welcome Dishlickers - a Bulldog through and through.

Went down to the club today to return a few things and the place is almost unrecognisable with all the construction happening. Who would have thought we would be developing the ground like this went standing in front of the old John Gent or Whitten stand. Some great memories in the 80s.
    With all the development that has gone on and still is there is still one constant and that is the Wind that can blow from one end of the ground to the other.

Although that may change with the development at the Barkly Street end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    With all the development that has gone on and still is there is still one constant and that is the Wind that can blow form one end of the ground to the other.

Although that may change with the development at the Barkly Street end.
    Remember Terry Wheeler would consult a Willy fisherman on the wind so he can work out which way we should kick if we won the toss.

Not long to go now for round 1

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    Hello to all on this warm day in Melbourne.

Hope this post finds you all well

Finally got around to joining WOOF and I am looking forward to reading, posting, venting, celebrating and everything that comes with following this great club.

I was born in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne surrounded by Collingwood, Collingwood and more Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton supporters mainly .

My late father worked in Footscray and my oldest brother made the connection between the suburb dad worked at and the football team he saw on The Winners and so the love for Footscray/Western Bulldogs started for me and all of my extended family.

Since my oldest brother started to follow Footscray every single sibling and cousin that came after him followed his lead.

All my 5 children follow the Dogs as do all my cousins, nephews and nieces that were born after my eldest brother.

I really enjoyed the 1980's loved the guernsey the old Western Oval had some great memories of that period but I still get a thrill out of the side today.

2016 We will all never forget!

Go those Dishlickers
    Welcome to WOOF DISHLICKERS. Hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to your contributions. I lived in Preston after I was born the inner north. I grew up in the east but could move to the west in the future. I have been venturing out to the inner west on the weekends and know the area very well now. Loving Williamstown and Yarraville. Willy is great down there by the beach. Love the Point Geillbrand lookout across the bay. Great spot just to relax.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 16-02-2023 at 10:23 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hi all

i have been a bulldogs supporter for 50 years and like everything bulldogs related.
    I’m looking forward to joining like minded people to share all thing bulldog
    Welcome to WOOF Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Willy fisherman
    There's a joke there somewhere. Giggity.