Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Very interesting discussion over on BigFooty about WOOF. Probably driving alot of the new people here.

Welcome!
    I've been made aware of it. At the moment we are also getting a lot of new members from Twitter.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes angelopetraglia, mjp, Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting discussion over on BigFooty about WOOF. Probably driving alot of the new people here.

Welcome!
    I just had a quick read. People have to understand, to keep a forum running you need interaction or it will eventually die.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I just had a quick read. People have to understand, to keep a forum running you need interaction or it will eventually die.
    I send a welcome message to all new members, asking them to introduce themselves on this thread, letting them know if they make a decent contribution to discussions they will get additional access like the training reports and requesting them to acknowledge the welcome message so that I know the system is working. I also let them know we are a discussion forum not a news board or Blog.
    They can still read more than 99% of the forum content if they just want to be readers but get a bit more if they participate in discussions.

Without enough people making a contribution to discussions there simply isn't much to read anyway.
    As far as WOOF is concerned we actually don't need a thousand members of the site just 150 regular contributors and I get that with this participation stipulation to get full access that it won't suit everyone.
    We also don't have advertisers or sponsors where having a high membership base is preferred so total clicks or membership numbers don't mean much.

The great part for fans or supporters of the Dogs is there are two very good sites for people to choose from and they can contribute to discussions with both of them if they want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,
    pleasure to meet you all and be on board

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Vred, bornadog, mjp, josie, Eastdog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I send a welcome message to all new members, asking them to introduce themselves on this thread, letting them know if they make a decent contribution to discussions they will get additional access like the training reports and requesting them to acknowledge the welcome message so that I know the system is working. I also let them know we are a discussion forum not a news board or Blog.
    They can still read more than 99% of the forum content if they just want to be readers but get a bit more if they participate in discussions.

Without enough people making a contribution to discussions there simply isn't much to read anyway.
    As far as WOOF is concerned we actually don't need a thousand members of the site just 150 regular contributors and I get that with this participation stipulation to get full access that it won't suit everyone.
    We also don't have advertisers or sponsors where having a high membership base is preferred so total clicks or membership numbers don't mean much.

The great part for fans or supporters of the Dogs is there are two very good sites for people to choose from and they can contribute to discussions with both of them if they want to.
    Reading that big footy pre-season thread, they do agree with you, good to see that they won't be copying the pre-season reports that are being put up here.

Your doing a bang up job man, keep it up.

And it's good to see some new faces around here.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, glad to join the community here. Bulldogs nuffie living in Warrnambool who’s excited for 24’. A make or break year for the coach and all that goes with him (some key out of contract dogs). I think we enter next year really without excuses, we need to make the most of this list which includes the best player in the game and stars on every line. Bring it on, go dogs!

11. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, hujsh, azabob, mjp, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard to WarramBulldog and all of our new members to WOOF.

We've actually set a record today (Thrashed it) for the total number of new members ever joining WOOF in a single day and it's not yet 4pm. If we can get a few of them into joining in discussions it will be great for the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to all new members.

Looking forward to your contributions, don't be shy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Warrnambulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    hujsh I reckon had a bit to do with it also. Well done.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Jasper liked this post
    Cecil Guest

Cecil from Bigfooty becomes Cecil from WOOF.

Feeling a bit of trepidation about 2024 after the WCE game ��

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Me logging into woof and not recognising anyone thinking it's the wrong site....

Love it. Welcome new woofers, great stuff make sure you contribute love hearing new opinions!

20. Likes Eastdog, bornadog, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Me logging into woof and not recognising anyone thinking it's the wrong site....

Love it. Welcome new woofers, great stuff make sure you contribute love hearing new opinions!
    I knew woof before it was famous!

<insert milhouse.jpg>

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    DSouthernHeadlock Guest

Hi there, I'm one of those new members crossing over from BigFooty, so excited to get on board. Shame I didn't join just at the end of the season, i would have written a thesis on where we went wrong.

But with a clear head, and seeing the club actually take action on coaching, trade and draft, i'm excited to see what a pre-season of fresh development from the players (and hopefully refinement of gameplan) can bring in 2024.

Cheers.

24. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Jasper, hujsh, Eastdog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    I'm on both sites but prefer here by a long way and that's a choice or preference and not a knock on BigFooty.
    The amazing thing about the guy getting all bent out of shape today is that if he had made as many posts on here in the last 6 months as he did today on BF in that one thread questioning WOOF he would have had full access here and nothing to whinge about.
    Ages ago I got asked to lift my contribution rate here and I'm glad I did and I feel more connected.
    Mods feel free to delete this if it's chucking some fuel on the fire.

bigjohn Guest

Hi,

Another convert from BF, been on there for about 10 years.

Excited to see if we can turn the offseason staff merry-go-round / shakeup into something tangible on-field. Not sure if you guys have talked about it much, but I also think having the state of the art facilities and whitten oval back in use as opposed to training at Skinner Reserve hasn't been talked about in the media all that much and will make a big difference to our ability to be prepared adequately.

Ryley Sanders. My prediction is 18+ games this year.

Can Bevo go back to his 2015/2016 mantra 'let the bakers bake'?

27. Likes azabob, Bulldog Joe, Grantysghost, Eastdog liked this post