Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3979808182838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Welcome aboard Big John. Nice first up post.

I've written a fair bit about the challenges last year of trying to make 2 less than ideal venues work and I believe the benefits of returning to Whitten Oval will be enormous for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I'm also another bigfooty user, although I did have an account here years ago that has since been removed due to inactivity. Might also be time to update from my old spindleshanks avatar to something a little more current.

3. Likes azabob, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I'm on both sites but prefer here and that's a choice or preference and not a knock.
    The amazing thing about the guy getting all bent out of shape today is that if he had made as many posts on here in the last 6 months as he did today on BF in that one thread questioning WOOF he would have had full access here and nothing to whinge about.
    Ages ago I got asked to lift my contribution rate here and I'm glad I did.
    Mods feel free to delete this if it's chucking some fuel on the fire.
    Had to laugh at the Herald Sun comparison. Very silly in all but the absolute most technical sense.

(someone wanted the the training reports to be reposted to BF and the comparison was made that people don't complain when posters take articles from behind the HS paywall)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, just joined??.Sydneysider originally from Braybrook and long suffering scragger at heart. Look forward to chatting all things Doggies on here. Kudos to whoever created/named this forum the acronym is perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome one and all! Loving the new posters and getting different insights.

Big Footy is not a dirty word, WOOF is not better than Big Footy and Big Footy is not better than WOOF.

We all have one common interest, let us embrace that and keep the discussion going, sharing thoughts and opinions.

I would love to see everyone stick around for the season proper as that is when the rubber hits the road!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DSouthernHeadlock View Post
    Hi there, I'm one of those new members crossing over from BigFooty, so excited to get on board. Shame I didn't join just at the end of the season, i would have written a thesis on where we went wrong.

But with a clear head, and seeing the club actually take action on coaching, trade and draft, i'm excited to see what a pre-season of fresh development from the players (and hopefully refinement of gameplan) can bring in 2024.

Cheers.
    Don't be shy.

You could generate plenty of discussion with any thesis about the Dogs.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Willidog Guest

Hello WOOF members,

I have just joined and am looking forward to reading and occasionally posting my views on all things dogs.
    I am a strong Bevo advocate and do not feel he is anywhere near finished. I am positive re the changes we have made in the mens side but somewhat disappointed with the AFLW competition.

Looking forward to the coming season.
    Cheers
    Willidog

10. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Willidog, great first up post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Welcome one and all! Loving the new posters and getting different insights.

Big Footy is not a dirty word, WOOF is not better than Big Footy and Big Footy is not better than WOOF.

We all have one common interest, let us embrace that and keep the discussion going, sharing thoughts and opinions.

I would love to see everyone stick around for the season proper as that is when the rubber hits the road!
    Thanks Aza, fully agree. Both sites can compliment each other and provide options for our Bulldog supporter base. We are friendly neighbors in this endeavor.

Can I ask all of our members that from now on we forget about this short term distraction and make sure this thread just focuses on welcoming the new members into WOOF.

13. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willidog View Post
    Hello WOOF members,

I have just joined and am looking forward to reading and occasionally posting my views on all things dogs.
    I am a strong Bevo advocate and do not feel he is anywhere near finished. I am positive re the changes we have made in the mens side but somewhat disappointed with the AFLW competition.

Looking forward to the coming season.
    Cheers
    Willidog
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Welcome QABB. What is your grandfather's name?
    Thanks! Pop's name was John Brereton.

10364128_10152149478183111_8063670536690139265_n.jpg

Middle row, far left.

I have a heap of old memorabilia from the period that I can share when I get a chance...

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, Smads57, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QABB View Post
    Thanks! Pop's name was John Brereton.

10364128_10152149478183111_8063670536690139265_n.jpg

Middle row, far left.

I have a heap of old memorabilia from the period that I can share when I get a chance...
    That's some very cool family history!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
    Hi all, just joined??.Sydneysider originally from Braybrook and long suffering scragger at heart. Look forward to chatting all things Doggies on here. Kudos to whoever created/named this forum the acronym is perfect!
    Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    Hi,

Another convert from BF, been on there for about 10 years.

Excited to see if we can turn the offseason staff merry-go-round / shakeup into something tangible on-field. Not sure if you guys have talked about it much, but I also think having the state of the art facilities and whitten oval back in use as opposed to training at Skinner Reserve hasn't been talked about in the media all that much and will make a big difference to our ability to be prepared adequately.

Ryley Sanders. My prediction is 18+ games this year.

Can Bevo go back to his 2015/2016 mantra 'let the bakers bake'?
    Yes players struggled with the hardness of Skinner early last season, so the partly new facilities and beautiful surface will be a massive win this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi people of WOOF,

I am very optimistic heading into 2024 AFLM season and looking forward to discussing how pre season is going. I already think we saw a refreshed Bevo in the club pre season media content so far - and an energised and supported Bevo is a good start.
    I am so disappointed in the AFLW season- both for the dogs and the women’s competition in general. It feels like a slow drawn out undoing of what was a hopeful start to the competition that honoured and built on the work of women’s community based AFL sport. Hoping I can be re- energised about AFLW and where the Bulldogs are heading.

21. Likes hujsh, The Doctor, Eastdog, josie liked this post