Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46868788899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pleather Sole View Post
    Hi All, long time reader and supporter, finally worked out how to join. I've only been following the Dogs thirty years. I grew up in the humid rugby league north but played soccer and cricket as a youngster. As a result I lack a bit of knowledge and have spent a long time trying to understand the structures and strategies that people who grew up in the game naturally absorbed. I do love reading all the posts on here, technical and personal. After last year's dispiriting mess I think we've made solid progress. Longstanding issues have been addressed and so far the changes appear to be appropriate.
    I'm very hopeful about 2024 (which wasn't the case in August). I'm eager for the younger players to get AFL games, particularly Buss, Gallagher, and Buku in defence. Sanders already looks like he's been there before.
    Anyway, thanks for having me and I hope to share many chats and a virtual drinks. Here's to Dogs24!
    Cheers
    Gough
    Hey PS, welcome! You've come to the right place. We've adopted your humidity down here now, very strange weather atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShibbyUp View Post
    Howdy folks, long time Dogs member pumped for the new season. Extremely keen to see a new game plan and for the young forwards to take over the league.
    Welcome to WOOF, I've enjoyed reading your posts so far so I hope to read some more of them
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

3. Likes Grantysghost, ShibbyUp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Welcome to WOOF, I've enjoyed reading your posts so far so I hope to read some more of them
    Appreciate that mate, I'll try my best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShibbyUp View Post
    Appreciate that mate, I'll try my best!
    Welcome aboard
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Outstanding introduction Pleather Sole.

Great to have you here on WOOF
    Hear hear. Welcome Pleather Sole.

Guessing you?ve read Bob Murphy?s book!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogstyler View Post
    G?day Dogs Fans,
    Long time member, keen to see how we go this year. I haven?t been able to get to many games due to living regionally and interstate for work the last few years so having a community discussing all things Dogs is awesome.
    Cheers.
    Welcome Dogstyler. Hope you are back in Vic and can attend more games. The discussion on woof is terrific and I look forward to your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see some new members posting on WOOF so welcome to ShibbyUp, Leames, Dogstyler and Pleather Sole.
    The more you put into this site the more you will get out of it.

9. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Thought I'd re- introduce myself. I was a member of WOOF way back when, 2005 I think. I met some life long friends because of this site. Health stuff happened which prevented me from going to games and some unpleasant interactions with some other members turned me off the site. The passion was gone. i used to write up game reviews using the template of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I'll try to do these again for this site.

I've also been given free reign to write up features by another site (not bigfooty), so I'll post those here as well. Doing these write ups, I can see why Kane Cornes says some of the stuff he says, get the fan engagement and reactions!

Also, I constantly tell Mighty West (who was one of the people I met way back then), that Naughton should play in the backline after yet another set shot miss. He just tells to shut up, 'cause it's boring.

I've got other opinions that will trigger some forum members, but then that's what Gary wants, contribution and engagements.

Nice seeing you guys (again).

PS. Yes the lure of the training reports was a factor. Unfortunately I can't contribute in that regard, as I now live in Qld.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by straightouttafinals View Post
    Hi!

Dogs supporter from a family of pies, so it's very refreshing to find a place like this. Looking forward to the season ahead. Go dogs!
    Welcome mate. You've obviously got the higher IQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Doggies fan from Colac looking for some off season pump up!
    Welcome GGG and look forward to your posts.

Especially since you come from my neck of the woods.. well it was a long, long time ago. Hope there's more dogs supporters down there these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome DexterT. Look forward to reading your provocative posts.

Grimmo87 Guest

Hey everyone, I'm Grimmo, Nice to meet you all, love talking footy and hope to do that here. Thanks for accepting me into this forum.

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Grimmo!

There's a lot of amazing Doggies chat here, and honestly, it's a great place to get your fix of more AFL stuff broadly if you're not into following the media that closely.

Stick around, contribute to discussion, we'd love to hear from you. Cheers!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    Hi all,

Thought I'd re- introduce myself. I was a member of WOOF way back when, 2005 I think. I met some life long friends because of this site. Health stuff happened which prevented me from going to games and some unpleasant interactions with some other members turned me off the site. The passion was gone. i used to write up game reviews using the template of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I'll try to do these again for this site.

I've also been given free reign to write up features by another site (not bigfooty), so I'll post those here as well. Doing these write ups, I can see why Kane Cornes says some of the stuff he says, get the fan engagement and reactions!

Also, I constantly tell Mighty West (who was one of the people I met way back then), that Naughton should play in the backline after yet another set shot miss. He just tells to shut up, 'cause it's boring.

I've got other opinions that will trigger some forum members, but then that's what Gary wants, contribution and engagements.

Nice seeing you guys (again).

PS. Yes the lure of the training reports was a factor. Unfortunately I can't contribute in that regard, as I now live in Qld.
    Welcome back!

Look forward to being triggered again, or for the first time.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Grimmo87. If we win 🏆 will you change name to Grinno87?

Look forward to reading your posts.