Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 NAB Rising Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I see Fantasia has crapped on in the media today questioning the selection criteria of the Rising Star nomination, just as he did a couple of years ago with Jarrad Grant. Good to see our head of football operations really tackling the big issues
    Dont blame him , look at Libber.
    Its not a once off.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dont blame him , look at Libber.
    Its not a once off.
    It is embarrassing to hear representatives of our club whinge and carry on in the media over such trivial issues. He did the same thing 2 years ago with Jarrad Grant, who coincidentally hasn't gotten a kick ever since. If only Fantasia was as diligent with regard to making noise about retaining Ward and Harbrow as he has been with such trivial rubbish as the RS selection criteria.

Who is to say that Beams wasn't fully deserving of the nom this week anyway? He absolutely smashed Brent Moloney and got plenty of it going the other way. Clay's time will come, but if it doesn't, who cares. Would you rather we had Jake Batchelor on our list instead of Libba because Batchelor got a nom last year? Did Geelong get better value out of David Spriggs or Gary Ablett, seeing as the former got nominated and the latter didn't?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey the whole thing is flawed its who Sheehan likes, even he admitted he doesnt watch the games , we know it means bugger all but i think they need to get it right.
    Maybe Beams was better but over the years Sheehan has said it goes on consistency etc so how does one get it in first round anyway?
    Consistency is a priority how did Libber not get it at one stage?
    Its like Mike Sheahens top 50 just an opinion, needs to have more outlined rules than just a blokes opinion if its going to be a serious award.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

It is embarrassing to hear representatives of our club whinge and carry on in the media over such trivial issues.
    I do agree with you.

But I do feel its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for Fantasia.

Some sections of our supporter base will be happy they Fantasia has come out and stood up for our club and others will be thinking surely you have bigger issues to be worrying about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Some sections of our supporter base will be happy they Fantasia has come out and stood up for our club and others will be thinking surely you have bigger issues to be worrying about.
    I would be happy for our head of football to come out and stridently support the club on matters of significance. The RS selection criteria is not one of those matters.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Fantasia has crapped on in the media today questioning the selection criteria of the Rising Star nomination, just as he did a couple of years ago with Jarrad Grant. Good to see our head of football operations really tackling the big issues
    Here we go again. This so typical of our club, bleating on about individual awards - it is why we have had so many Brownlow Medal winners, but only 1 premiership. The club always gives the impression that individual success is as important as team success.

I was hoping that Macca would put that attitude to bed once and for all.

Post Thanks / Like

Marty McGrath won a rising star nomination
    Brad Nicholson ?
    McGrath kicked 5 against us in that truly unforgettable Rhode era.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Here we go again. This so typical of our club, bleating on about individual awards - it is why we have had so many Brownlow Medal winners, but only 1 premiership. The club always gives the impression that individual success is as important as team success.

I was hoping that Macca would put that attitude to bed once and for all.
    Great post.
    The club went to water with the Pitiful Ward Compo!
    We have a 21 year old capt of another club and we Talked tough then went to water.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Cameron - GWS is the round 2 nomination.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Richmond will rightly chuck a stink about Dylan Grimes missing out on this week's nom. Check out his stats, not to mention the fact that he kept Dawes goalless. Winning a nom after a 129 point hiding is farcical.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this award was a great but its never been run properly and rules of it seem to change every week so they can justify why they picked certain players.
    Then the next week its the opposite.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond will rightly chuck a stink about Dylan Grimes missing out on this week's nom. Check out his stats, not to mention the fact that he kept Dawes goalless. Winning a nom after a 129 point hiding is farcical.
    What is even funnier is that they asked Cameron Ling about the award (he might be on the selection panel now?) and he said it helps or is looked upon favourably if your team has won.

Well there goes that theory Lingy.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    12 possessions and 4 goals

Those stats are very similar to a first gamer from last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan Grimes (Richmond) - Round 3 NAB Rising Star

*Stupid comment retracted*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Dylan Grimes (Richmond) - Round 3 NAB Rising Star

Oh ok I think I get it now...your team must get flogged by 10 goals+ for one of your players to get a nomination!
    Well, we did fit that criteria on the weekend.