Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 NAB Rising Star

Round 1 nominee is Brisbane's Claye Beams! Not the Clay(e) we wanted, but I'm sure his turn will come.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 NAB Rising Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Round 1 nominee is Brisbane's Claye Beams! Not the Clay(e) we wanted, but I'm sure his turn will come.
    That's what we said about Libba.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched ClayE play on Saturday, sure he was good but as Mark Stevens Tweeted, how can you say Clay (Smith) he had one of the best debuts (which im sure no one will argue) and then not pick him as the best performance in the first round of the year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Watched ClayE play on Saturday, sure he was good but as Mark Stevens Tweeted, how can you say Clay (Smith) he had one of the best debuts (which im sure no one will argue) and then not pick him as the best performance in the first round of the year?
    Yes, is a shame for our Clay that he didn't come up against Melbourne in the first round.
    Our boy against a serious premiership aspirant, the other against a serious wooden spoon candidate

The AFL must be pressed for good news stories for the Queensland press.

Post Thanks / Like

That is absolute rubbish our Smith should have got it by a long shot!! he kicked 4 goals on his debut against a serious top 4 contender!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smith was never going to get it, he didn't play in a high profile enough game. Shifter Sheehan and his numpties probably didn't even see the game, so instead they give the nomination to a 3rd year plodder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Smith was never going to get it, he didn't play in a high profile enough game. Shifter Sheehan and his numpties probably didn't even see the game, so instead they give the nomination to a 3rd year plodder.
    Bolded the reason why the award makes no sense.

3 pre-seasons vs one, would anyone seriously swap Beams for Smith?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon if it's close they give it to the kid who may not get another shot at it during the year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I reckon if it's close they give it to the kid who may not get another shot at it during the year.
    I like this, bit like Most Improved or Most Determined.

This kind of makes the true Rising Stars the ones that don't get nominated by Sheehan and friends. As such, I declare Tom Liberatore the rightful Rising Star of 2011

Post Thanks / Like

All I care about is we improve as a football team.
    Young Beams isn't a bad player IMHO, Libba's going to be a beauty and young Clay looks a beauty.

Post Thanks / Like

Our Claye should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
    Evey mate of mine that watched part of the Doggies game mentioned what a player we had in Claye
    I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.

Callan Who ???
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

No chance they got their Clays confused, is there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Our [B]Claye[B] should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
    Evey mate of mine that watched part of the Doggies game mentioned what a player we had in Claye
    I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.

Callan Who ???
    Its CLAY. You've mixed them up yourself!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Our Claye should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
    I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.Callan Who ???

I disagree, Beams was tagging Brent Moloney who is one of the better clearance and contested ball winners in the comp. He kept him to 13 possessions and had no influence on the game at all, which resulted in Brisbane dominating the clearances. He also picked up 25 Possessions himself.

Add that into the fact he played a full game and you can see why he was selected.

FWIW i think our Clay should have got the nod, but i'm not as shocked as some others.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Fantasia has crapped on in the media today questioning the selection criteria of the Rising Star nomination, just as he did a couple of years ago with Jarrad Grant. Good to see our head of football operations really tackling the big issues