Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting Tickets via Ticketek - Help!

Hey all,

Quick question, i'm trying to purchuse 2 tickets to Carlton v Collingwood next friday night. The best seats i'm getting offered at the moment are way up in the nosebleed section.

I realise it will be a large crowd but surely there are better seats left.

I know ticktek have a system where they only open certain tickets at certain times. Just wondering if anyone knows how this works? Or what time/day new tickets normally become availble?

Any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting Tickets via Ticketek - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Hey all,

Quick question, i'm trying to purchuse 2 tickets to Carlton v Collingwood next friday night. The best seats i'm getting offered at the moment are way up in the nosebleed section.

I know ticktek have a system where they only open certain tickets at certain times. Just wondering if anyone knows how this works? Or what time/day new tickets normally become availble?

Take what you are given, highly unlikely you will get better unless you are willing to take a risk and get them last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Question I have for you is why the hell you would go see these two teams of any games and the fact some of the money goes to these clubs... ouch that hurts.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

That happens with finals tickets as well.

I think the theory is the tragics get in early and will cop any seat they are given and then the offer the good seats to the ones who wait until game day before making up their mind whether to go or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

I would suggest you ring rather than go online ... The online interface moves tickets that is assigned to the computer; whereas the telephonist can find other seats.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Just incase anyone is interested.. i was patient and didn't get the tickets i was getting offered tuesday morning. (I also tried ringing)

Tried this morning and was getting offered similar tickets. Tried again this afternoon and got offered Row F on the HFF Level 1 for the same price.

So if anyone is after tickets in the future sticking it out is the way to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just incase anyone is interested.. i was patient and didn't get the tickets i was getting offered tuesday morning. (I also tried ringing)

Tried this morning and was getting offered similar tickets. Tried again this afternoon and got offered Row F on the HFF Level 1 for the same price.

So if anyone is after tickets in the future sticking it out is the way to go!!
    Well done Jaytee, just another example though of how the average football fan is treated with utter contempt.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Jaytee.

Very true CD. Ludicrous situation really. Should be first in, best dressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the only entertaining moment of the game for you would have been when those spectators ran onto the ground ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Unfortunately the only entertaining moment of the game for you would have been when those spectators ran onto the ground ...
    Also the fights that broke out in the Ponsford End with mostly Collingwood supporters.