Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Round 2 - Non- Bulldog Games

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    They had Gibbs and a few others out in the final at Subiaco last year and did everything but get over the line. Kreuzer drifting down forward in tandem with Hampson is unconventional but can be effective. They have the best batch of small forwards in the comp and Waite/Walker is the x-factor that either goes missing or wins game off their own boot. Last year's premier had J Pod and Hawkins in the key posts - hardly an all-star cast. They definitely need Jamison down back to add some defensive steel to their back 50, but the move of Yarran to HB has been a master stroke. They have good depth in the mid sized defenders - Tuohy has slotted in seemlessly to AFL. Their midfield bats as deep as anyone's now, and is just about the best going around - it is very versatile too, with quality ball hunters, excellent outside distributors and defensive-oriented hard nuts. I reckon they are almost a lock for top 4, and anything can happen from there.
    Ok Maybe I'm partly hoping they aren't top 4. To me Henderson isn't a key back. Waite is patchy. Still playing Thornton. Not sure Kruezer is top class yet. Rucks aren't special but match the hawks and cats.
    Would love their midfield and small pacy types.
    I wish they will fall over.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 - Non- Bulldog Games

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They are 1-1.

If we get beaten by Adelaide and are 0-2 does that mean B-Mac can't coach either?
    If Brendan McCartney does what Voss did , recruiting recycled duds and the village idiot and setting the club back 5 years I'd be mortified, horrified and any other adjective to describe anguish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Ok Maybe I'm partly hoping they aren't top 4. To me Henderson isn't a key back. Waite is patchy. Still playing Thornton. Not sure Kruezer is top class yet. Rucks aren't special but match the hawks and cats.
    Would love their midfield and small pacy types.
    I wish they will fall over.
    Agree Chops, small forwards don't win flags.
    Waite standing up is the key for mine, and Jamieson .
    Great midfield but not sold on them being better than the Pies, Cats, Hawks or the Eagles

Post Thanks / Like

They are 1-1.

If we get beaten by Adelaide and are 0-2 does that mean B-Mac can't coach either?
    I did say over last year as well, obviously you decided to erase that from your thoughts.

Its more about the way he coaches not win loss ratio and about the players responding to his game plan.

He has been there a season already and its not looking any better, our coach one game, if you want to judge on this year and compare both go ahead.

Our coach I reserve my judgement for end of season but even though we lost by 50, I see a lot of positives.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a bit this morning and it was evident how quickly Brisbane fatigued in the 2nd half. Coming off a 5 day break against Carlton who had a 7 day break is really poor, especially considering how quick most of the rd1 games were... when will the AFL learn?

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a bit this morning and it was evident how quickly Brisbane fatigued in the 2nd half. Coming off a 5 day break against Carlton who had a 7 day break is really poor, especially considering how quick most of the rd1 games were... when will the AFL learn?
    They didn't need to schedule a 5 day break either. They could have scheduled Sydney or GWS in this time slot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    They didn't need to schedule a 5 day break either. They could have scheduled Sydney or GWS in this time slot.
    Kind of a bit with us coming off a 6 day break this week and again next week. I guess though it balances itself as St Kilda who we play next week will also come of a 6 day break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Kind of a bit with us coming off a 6 day break this week and again next week. I guess though it balances itself as St Kilda who we play next week will also come of a 6 day break.
    Don't we play our next 2 games on a Saturday night? How do you make that a 6 day break?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Don't we play our next 2 games on a Saturday night? How do you make that a 6 day break?
    Quite right The Coon Dog. We play St Kilda on Saturday night. Im thinking of when we play Collingwood in Round 6. That one is on a Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane will be markedly better with Brown back in the side. Will mean they will stop having to take their best players out of their preferred roles in order to manufacture an avenue to goal (Rockliff, Merrett).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon v Port Adelaide now underway.

Post Thanks / Like

Good win by the Bombers but this game could come back to haunt them injury wise, down to one interchange at one stage, and the injuries are important players, how long they miss will come out during the week.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

In the other match Sydney defeated Fremantle by 13 points (94-81).

Post Thanks / Like

Just started watching Eagles Dees, where the free kick count is 23 1!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just started watching Eagles Dees, where the free kick count is 23 1!!
    Dees are very ordinary. Kennedy has 1.3 for the Weagles - shame he didn't start the season like that.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]