Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Schofield rolls dice for second shot at AFL

De-listed Western Bulldogs defender Jayden Schofield will take another step towards reigniting his AFL career when he makes his WAFL debut today for East Fremantle against Claremont at East Fremantle Oval.

The 19-year-old from Geraldton played seven matches for the Bulldogs in 2011 as a running defender but told the club at the end of the season he wanted to head home.

Schofield said boredom, not homesickness, brought him back to WA. He hopes to play every game for East Fremantle and get a second chance in the AFL.

He is one of three talented teenagers who will play their first senior game for the Sharks, joining Ryan Lester-Smith and Max Duffy in today's clash against the Tigers.

Lester-Smith's father Neil played 154 WAFL matches for East Fremantle between 1983 and 1993, was the league's leading goal kicker in 1989, and played a key role in the their 1992 premiership win.

Fremantle and former Hawthorn rookie-list member Sam Menegola also will make his league debut for the Sharks, as will ex-Frankston ruckman Russell Gabriel. Claremont lost classy forward Andrew Foster (hip) and utility player Kiefer Yu (knee) but regained West Coast's Lewis Stevenson, Gerrick Weedon and Tom Swift as well as Fremantle defender Alex Silvagni.

Former East Perth midfielder Ben Noakes was named to play his first league match for Perth today against Peel at Brownes Stadium.

The Thunder promoted former Western Bulldogs rookie-list player Jamason Daniels to make his league debut.

Meanwhile, Subiaco recruit Brant Chambers has been revalued as a 10-point player following complaints from other clubs that he had been erroneously issued a one-point value.

Chambers, who has returned to Subiaco after a decade in Adelaide, will be able to play four matches for the Lions as a top-up player before the club has to shuffle its playing list to allow him to be retained.

�West Coast premiership player Adam Hunter is set to round out his career with Boulder in the Goldfields Football League.
    Hunter, 30, played seven games for Swan Districts last year after playing for South Bunbury in 2010.

Link
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Schofield rolls dice for second shot at AFL

Jayden just needs to relax and get back to enjoying playing , he,s a competitive little bugger who at times is a little too self critical , the problems he had at the Bulldogs are still there and he just needs to realize that if he makes it back to an AFL list again he just needs to bite off more than he can chew and chew like hell , if he never makes it back to an AFL list there will come a time when he is about 30 when he will fully realize the opportunity that comes to only a few was taken from him by a decision he made

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him coming back. He had his reasons because I don't think someone would just leave the club like that. He now has probably resolved his issues and now is focused back on footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Boredom? That's a very different answer to what I was expecting.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Boredom? That's a very different answer to what I was expecting.
    Sorry Jayden we couldn't make Melbourne more exciting for you!
    Not quite the excitement capital like W.A

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know the truth
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    i want to know the truth
    you can't handle the truth!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    you can't handle the truth!
    No one can it seems.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think will get the actual reason as to what really happened there as we are just supporters looking from the outside.

Post Thanks / Like

I did hear something however not 100 per cent sure. I do not think it is appropriate to divulge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I did hear something however not 100 per cent sure. I do not think it is appropriate to divulge.
    Your right Desipura it really isn't our place to find out what happened to Schofield.

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably something as simple as he missed his mommy... or even his GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It was probably something as simple as he missed his mommy... or even his GF.
    You think?

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't care, once the player is gone under circumstances like that I have no interest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Just don't care, once the player is gone under circumstances like that I have no interest
    "Boredom" isn't a great response for breaking a contract its a pretty weak one for the Bulldogs who gave him the chance. I suggest that he is glossing over the real reason for his departure so that potential clubs aren't put off. For most people getting a chance to play at the highest level if your first season would be regarded as anything but boring.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"