Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 3 - Non Bulldog Games

Round 3 kicks off with the blockbuster Carlton v Collingwood. Should be a classic with a massive crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 3 - Non Bulldog Games

Carlton have to prove they can beat quality opposition.
    Gotta think it's a good time to get the pies, really no excuses for Caaaaarlton.
    The navy cheats need a tall to stand up in Sept .

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't care about other games, other than for my tipping. I think Carlton have the form and relatively injury free so I have picked them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I went for Collingwood to win by 13 points.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tipped Collingwood comfortably. I see Carlton as one of those teams who beat the mid-range, flog the weak, and routinely lose to the top teams.

They may make the top 4 a couple of times so they basically walk into the prelim but they'll just be making up the numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Going along with my brother to tonight's match as he is a Collingwood supporter. May get to 90,000. I reckon a lot of neutrals like myself tonight go to these kind of games.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton smash the pies. Carlton smugometer has hit 11, early days but it looks like the Blues have replaced Collingwood in the top 4.Painful, but they look good.
    The Pies are in all sorts. Carlton win the price fixing cup

Post Thanks / Like

The look on Eddie's face when the lead got out to 30 odd was gold.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I've tipped Collingwood comfortably. I see Carlton as one of those teams who beat the mid-range, flog the weak, and routinely lose to the top teams.

They may make the top 4 a couple of times so they basically walk into the prelim but they'll just be making up the numbers.
    Did it get to you when people were saying the same things about us?

Carlton are a lot like we were in 2008 and 2009, though they have Waite up forward who is a player that can straighten them up (if he can stay injury free and keep his head shots to a minimum and avoid suspension). They have a very good midfield like we did, and they rely heavily on smaller players who are dependant on volume in opportunity to kick a lot of their goals. What they don't have is a key defender of Lake's quality, supplemented by another one of Morris's quality.

At the pointy end of the season their back six will come under question I think, as Henderson and Laidler are not at the quality of many other key defenders. Their midfield will shield them to an extent, though if both of Judd and Murphy are kept relatively quiet supply to the oppositions forward line will be an issue.

Tonight's game was just another example of how important pace is. If we don't inject some serious pace and skill into our side at this draft then I'll be filthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    The look on Eddie's face when the lead got out to 30 odd was gold.
    Yep, thinking what the #### have i done.

They could have had another 3 years pushing for a premiership under Malthouse, now they are right back in the pack.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The core group of players in the wobbles have been brought up on Mick's philosophy and now Nathan (I quit the bears because they won't win a premiership) Buckley has his own ideas it's a bit like us, old dogs learning new tricks only their players are a little bit more advanced then ours.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Nick Maxwell - worst premiership captain since Bruce Monteith. Complete and utter potato.

Their game plan in 2010-11 protected their defenders from having to defend one-on-on (similar to St Kilda in 09-10), and it is clear that the likes of Maxwell and Harry O are painfully out of their depth when isolated deep.

Carlton are a good team - parallel between us in 08 is a good one. We weren't that far away in 08 (awful QF notwithstanding) and they won't be far away this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Neeld last the season? Gee the Dees are just horrendous. They're going to be fighting to not win the spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Just turned it over !
    Incredible how bad Melbourne are

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Will Neeld last the season? Gee the Dees are just horrendous. They're going to be fighting to not win the spoon.
    Its pretty scary, this side struggles for years with getting it together on and off the field, have they picked a shocking coach or is it just a mess no matter what?
    Bring back the biff