Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a case for Harris playing forward?

Hi guys. First time post.

Now i think this is a very debateable topic.

We are no doubt screaming out for a big bodied player who can play in the forward line and who can take a pack mark. But i dont think Harris is the answer. Our backline is leaking goals as it is so why take our best KPP out of his home and play him up forward. Yes he might have played there as a forward when he was a junior playing against smaller, less skilled opposition but by no means does that make him the answer to our prayers.

Williams will be a great player but cant hold down a key defensive post as of yet.
    Doogs could also make it as a backmen but i wouldnt be holding my breath.

Maybe he could pinch hit up there from time to time but we cant afford at the moment for him to be playing there permanently and sacrificing the backline.

By all means if we had two Harris' then i would be all for the idea but the fact is we dont and the Harris backmen will be better than the Harris forward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post

if we had two Harris'
    Can you organise this?

Welcome to WOOF Borgy.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only wish

Thanks mate, how long has this site been up?

Post Thanks / Like

I can only wish

Thanks mate, how long has this site been up?
    I think 9 or ten months from memory.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We are no doubt screaming out for a big bodied player who can play in the forward line and who can take a pack mark. But i dont think Harris is the answer. Our backline is leaking goals as it is so why take our best KPP out of his home and play him up forward. Yes he might have played there as a forward when he was a junior playing against smaller, less skilled opposition but by no means does that make him the answer to our prayers.
    Welcome Borgy - great avatar

I'm inclined to agree - I dont think Harris is the answer up forward - I think Harris is a season or two away from having the type of impact that Glass and Scarlett have for their respective teams. Its more likely to me that Everitt, Williams or Tiller will develop as our key forward targets. Wight just seems most comfortable at centre half back but its not out of the question he could develop as a forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our backline is shaping up well, and think settling guys like Williams and Harris down there will be good for the future of the club.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on Tiller. Do you think he'll make it? Any word on what Eade thinks of the kid?