Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 4 vs Melbourne

Ins Wallis, Sherman, Vespa, Talia
    Outs Roughead, Lake, Smith, Wood

I can't see the 3 ruckman strategy working, not with Roughead and Minson in the same side at least. We need more run and spread.
    It's time Vespa got just as good of a run as Wood. Wood has been awful all year and needs a spell. I'd also like to see Wallis get an extended run at it also.
    Smith - Too many clangers. He's had 11 out of 26 possessions in the last 2 games.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd drop Wood and groom him for a midfield (run-with) or defensive forward role. I'm struggling to see him developing the awareness needed for his current role.

I also think that Lake will likely miss a week or two after the MRP has a look at that incident.

I'd bring in Vezpremi for Wood and Austin (promoted from rookie list) for Lake.

I'd also consider resting one of the young mids depending on how they pull up, and bringing in Wallis.

It's also tempting to think about how to bring Sherman in, maybe for Roughead.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Libba was terrible too. I think Cordy at least presented all night which gives him some credits - must have been tempting to drop the head when the delivery into the F50 is that bad.
    Yeah Libba was poor, Cordy presented well, but he has to catch a few, especially playing on another kid and with his height & reach advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Did Gia even get to double figures in possessions?
    His kick after the siren got him to 9.

He just looked so slow out there.

Post Thanks / Like

As many have said were do ou start, it has to be one of the worst days at the office that we have Hamas a club,

The backs I thought had been Ok apart from Wood but I think we need to persist with him given that Morris is not yet availible.

The forwards need to get better delivery, but need to look the ball in and be accountable or a man when they have he ball, Gia, Higgins & Grant all had bad games, while Jone and Cordy need better delivery. For me we need to have only 2 of Grant, Cordy and Jones,

The Mids had a shocker, Griff, Boyd, Smith, Libba and Cooney were all down but you can't flick the lot of them.

For me next week I would remove Grant and Higgins as they are front runners and apply no pressure or presence on the field. Lake I'm sure will get weeks also. Ins for these three would be Wallis, Sherman & Veszpremi
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Veszpremi needs to play, be it up forward or down back.

Sherman for some more run.

Wallis to replace Smith.

I'd probably drop Minson before Roughead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So you want to bring in a 4th ruckman/forward?
    Not another ruck, a dedicated forward. We need someone to take some pressure off Jones, it maybe a bit old fashion but but I feel we need to settle a player there. I suppose there is no quick fix with the players we have.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Not another ruck, a dedicated forward. We need someone to take some pressure off Jones, it maybe a bit old fashion but but I feel we need to settle a player there. I suppose there is no quick fix with the players we have.
    So where does, Cordy, Hill, Jones, Grant and Roughead play?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so woeful.

Disagree with the 3 ruckman strategy more than ever but there are also another million things wrong with us so won't harp on about that.

IN/ Sherman, Wallis, Austin
    OUT/ Roughead, Smith, Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a text from a mate that can't wait for next weeks game, he is a Melbourne supporter and reasons they are in for a easy one against us.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd consider adding (from) Wallis, Sherman, Dickson, Austin and/or maybe Talia

Outs Smith, Wood and Roughead and maybe one more.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Wow, so woeful.

Disagree with the 3 ruckman strategy more than ever but there are also another million things wrong with us so won't harp on about that.

IN/ Sherman, Wallis, Austin
    OUT/ Roughead, Smith, Lake
    Yep, as much as right now I'd like to see a few more out, I know that's not practical, and I'd settle for these changes.
    Big Will will need to show something soon, or else I would propose cutting our losses and just plough some consistent game time into Roughy.

Post Thanks / Like

Fans who want to solve our forward issues by playing more talls remind me of Pauline Hanson's idea to fix the economy by printing more money.

It's not talls we are missing, it's quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yep, as much as right now I'd like to see a few more out, I know that's not practical, and I'd settle for these changes.
    Big Will will need to show something soon, or else I would propose cutting our losses and just plough some consistent game time into Roughy.
    Yep, long term I see two of Roughy/Cordy/Campbell taking over in the ruck but atm I think it's easy to underestimate the rigours of being the full time number 1 ruck. Not sure any of the kids are up to it and Will playing is probably best for their development.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Skinner is not in form , Sherman has not improved his disposal efficiency , Panos is being used in the backline with Willi , Hooper is a great little bloke but Dahlhaus has put him in a box labelled " going nowhere " , Tommy Hill is still a little raw , Redpath is still raw and would need to be elevated , Austin can play forward but if elevated will probably play in the backline , Veszpremi has also been used as a rebounding defender with Williamstown , Tom Campbell is also a bit raw but push for selection later this year

So you have a choice of what we have now or what we have have now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Fans who want to solve our forward issues by playing more talls remind me of Pauline Hanson's idea to fix the economy by printing more money.

It's not talls we are missing, it's quality.
    Same as the fans calling Higgins to be dropped. Is there an easier target, thought he was one of our better players.