Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hargrave maybe Cited.

Fighting Western Bulldogs leave Melbourne winless

Link

BRENDAN McCartney got his first win as Western Bulldogs coach as Melbourne's nightmare start to the season continued at the MCG last night.

The Demons put in their most spirited performance of the season in what was a tribute game to late Demons legend Jim Stynes, but left the MCG with new coach Mark Neeld still to taste success.

Weight of possession eventually told as the Dogs ran out 13.10 (88) to 9.13 (67) winners in front of 33,565 fans.

"We've had a tough three weeks, but when you look back through that the first few weeks, we did a lot right, didn't take some opportunities and lost the game," McCartney said.

"It happens in footy. I know a lot of our supporters were disappointed, but often that's a learning experience, too."

The Bulldogs led at every change as Robert Murphy (24 possessions) did as he pleased off half-back.
    Jarrad Grant, Daniel Giansiracusa and Adam Cooney each kicked two goals, but Luke Dahlhaus (23 disposals, one goal) was the Dogs' spark up forward.

Trailing by 15 points at halftime, Melbourne clawed back to within a point during a fiery third quarter but, with 367 to 274 possessions for the match, the Bulldogs were always in the box seat to end their winless start.

Lukas Markovic was a late withdrawal, replaced by former Blue Mark Austin, leaving the Dogs without their best four defenders in the absence of Brian Lake, Dale Morris and Tom Williams.

Jordan Roughead played an unfamiliar stopping role on Melbourne key forward Mitch Clark who kicked 1.2, but left the field late in the third quarter after landing on the back of his neck after a sickening marking contest.

Ryan Hargrave negated James Sellar, Easton Wood held Jack Watts to 12 possessions and one goal and Murphy had the best of Aaron Davey.

Hargrave could come under match review panel scrutiny today for an incident with Lynden Dunn.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hargrave maybe Cited.

Yeah, he chested him the thug

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually pretty close to it, there were punches thrown weather they were caught on camera is another story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I was actually pretty close to it, there were punches thrown weather they were caught on camera is another story.
    Hargrave can throw a mean punch.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hargrave can throw a mean punch.
    Heath Black is still wondering who hit him.

Post Thanks / Like

The match review panel report is out and doesn't even mention Hargrave, or any incidents from our match for that matter.

Interesting to see Lindsay Thomas has been cited for the incident that left Gary Rohan with a broken leg.

Post Thanks / Like

If Lyndon Dunn is gonna go around with a Hitler moustache, he deserves to be punched.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    If Lyndon Dunn is gonna go around with a Hitler moustache, he deserves to be punched.
    That made me laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone else said the same thing to me on Sunday...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Someone else said the same thing to me on Sunday...
    Someone told me a broadcaster was calling him Blakey from 'On the buses'.

Post Thanks / Like

What's more pathetic, he's mo or his complete lack of ability?
    The tough guy image

Post Thanks / Like

LoL. Made my night. Dunn should be cited for a manscaping infringement
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me a broadcaster was calling him Blakey from 'On the buses'.

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO.. Match review panel must have felt the same way

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the replay was anything caught on camera? It all happened off the ball in the third quarter I think.