Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 5 - Non Bulldog Games

Bulldogs v2009 would have been a huuuuuuuuuge chance this year, it's so wide open with no out and out champion teams (unlike our up years when we were contending against the Cats/Pies/Saints/Hawks at their very best).

Oh well, pointless to dwell
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The Hawks rushed 11 behinds that day and a rule change eventuated partly because of their tactics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bulldogs v2009 would have been a huuuuuuuuuge chance this year, it's so wide open with no out and out champion teams (unlike our up years when we were contending against the Cats/Pies/Saints/Hawks at their very best).

Oh well, pointless to dwell
    Thats always interesting comparing sides from certain years. Bulldogs 09 would have definitely been a chance this year as that is when we peaked. How about Bulldogs 97 to Geelong 08 and Essendon 00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The go home factor? Naitanui is exciting, very exciting but how often does he get the footy other than tap outs and how damaging is he when he gets the footy?

PS - (I don't know how he is performing right now against Richmond).
    Fair question, and I don't have the answer.

As a total package, from an on and off field perspective, what he offers WCE is far above what Watts offers Melbourne. I also think just saying "he's exciting but" is probably a bit unfair. He works hard, chases, shepherds and from what I've seen doesn't seem to waste his possessions.

I'll put it to you like this: if we'd have had the number 1 pick that year, who would you have chosen?

On a side note, Josh Hill has just kicked his third in a tight game. Still drifts in and out of the game, but has done some good things.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Nic Nat rucking is basically like the umps handing the ball directly to the Eagles at each centre bounce. His influence on their mids is huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    As a total package, from an on and off field perspective, what he offers WCE is far above what Watts offers Melbourne. I also think just saying "he's exciting but" is probably a bit unfair.

On a side note, Josh Hill has just kicked his third in a tight game. Still drifts in and out of the game, but has done some good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Nic Nat rucking is basically like the umps handing the ball directly to the Eagles at each centre bounce. His influence on their mids is huge.
    Unfair and probably simplistic saying Nic Nat is "exciting but", especially with Maddog's view about his centre square work. Nic Nat will only get better as will Watts. You would have to take Nic Nat over Watts.

Post Thanks / Like

I do love seeing Richmond fans get up and about just before their hearts are ripped out right at the death.

Ah, schadenfreude. How sweet it is.

On another note, Nic Nat is ridiculously good. He's great to watch.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Yep, having him and Cox in one team is almost unfair. The Weagles are at a massive advantage at stoppages with Nic Nat there, plus he becomes an extra mid once he lands. I know he probably would have left Melbourne to go home at the first opportunity, but you'd pick him over Watts every time.

On another note, I'm not looking forward to Richmond beating us by 50 points this year.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

If Richmond won there supporters would have acted like they have won the premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

One day NicNat is going to jump and hit his head on the grandstand roof.

I first thought he was all sizzle and no sausage but the kid is prime beef.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure what it is but we need to get a pharmacist on the books or follow the W/C recruiting and weights program. Every one of their new players that come in are built, even the short ones (Hams). Josh Hill must feel slightly embarrassed with his lack of definition in the bicep!

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney were sensational and have to be a strong chance for top 4.
    They're perennially underrated and how good is Josh Kennedy!
    Hawthorn showed when they're mids are down the backs get exposed.
    Saying that Gibson and Birchall are big outs

Geelong are like Vander Hum in the wet honestly, they just thrive .
    Hawkins has finally arrived, and it just proves how long it can take for a tall to develop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Im not sure what it is but we need to get a pharmacist on the books or follow the W/C recruiting and weights program. Every one of their new players that come in are built, even the short ones (Hams). Josh Hill must feel slightly embarrassed with his lack of definition in the bicep!
    Hills getting of the leash with the focus on Darling, Kennedy and Lynch.
    Great to see Richmond lose, as them winning is intolerable.I reckon port might surprise them next week.