Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ward says GWS big chance to beat Dogs

I dont blame Ward for leaving its alot of money and we simply didnt offer enough imo.

Regardless I still think we should give it to GWS and give it to Ward (lesser extent Reid) to remind them of the club that gave them a chance and believed in them! When we win the flag in 2016 (yes im pretty confident haha) ward willl burn soo muc more deep down knowing what he could have been a part of.

Now lets get out to Manuka oval or wateva its called and smash these guys by 60points!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    I dont blame Ward for leaving its alot of money and we simply didnt offer enough imo.

Regardless I still think we should give it to GWS and give it to Ward (lesser extent Reid) to remind them of the club that gave them a chance and believed in them! When we win the flag in 2016 (yes im pretty confident haha) ward willl burn soo muc more deep down knowing what he could have been a part of.

Now lets get out to Manuka oval or wateva its called and smash these guys by 60points!
    Footy is a tribal thing. All those offering excuses to Ward are thinking about it too much. If I met him in person I'm sure I would be happy to chat to him. But when he steps on that field having deserted the club I love, pour it on. I hope our supporters give him heaps. Footy is the place to express your passion!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post

Would you have also been complaining about that same operations manager offering an extra $100,000 to an injured player who had only showed glimpses at the time? Hindsight bias?
    At the end of 2010 Ward looked like being the second coming of Lenny Hayes. This still hasn't changed(he would be our best player now in he was still with us), Fantasia stuffed up and that is all there is to it IMO.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Sam Reid named in the GWS side as well ... Hope they both have a extremely bad day on Saturday.
    Has Reid ever had an extremely good day?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    I'm sorry but it's atitudes like that, that make it easy for a young player to make the decision to be a mercenary. As has been stated numerous times on this board, playing football is not like any other job. When you go to work you don't have 30,000 people cheering for you or little kids idolizing you. Football is about passion, emotion, and loyalty, some young players (and supporters) don't get that but many do. Don't give the former an easy way out.

Before this article I hated Ward's decision more than anything, especially in light of the decisions made by Swallow, Martin, Pendlebury, Higgins, etc. Now I'm really starting to dislike the guy as well. The funny thing is Cement brain actually thinks the supporters will be forgiving, I wonder where he got that impression...?

Would you have also been complaining about that same operations manager offering an extra $100,000 to an injured player who had only showed glimpses at the time? Hindsight bias?
    Agree entirely with your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Has Reid ever had an extremely good day?
    Against Geelong in 09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Against Geelong in 09
    Round 21 - he was sensational that night. The week after he was diagnosed with OP and booked in for groin surgery, followed by two shoulder reconstructions about 6 months later.