Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stevo - Hammer. Nail. Head.

Doc26 & Lantern, great posts which accurately reflect my feelings on the issue. The AFL needs to hear those comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Could not agree more with the sentiments in this thread.

No doubt that the AFL fixture is making the strong, stronger and the weak, weaker. Another example in Round 7. Bulldogs V North is scheduled for Mothers Day. Carlton get the privilege of playing on Monday night to avoid Mothers Day!

Would the Bulldogs have more supporters in 10 years time if we were given 17 free to air games, two games every year against Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon, 7 Friday night games, ANZAC day, no games on Mothers Day and get to play the opening game of the Season on a Thursday night?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I can't think of a better way to spend Mothers Day than at the footy with my Bulldog mother-in-law and my loving children

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    EVERY big national sporting comp in the world -- the EPL, La Liga, the NBA, MLB, etc. etc. etc. -- have huge teams in them (I'm talking teams 10,000 times the size of Collingwood) yet there is no need to doctor the fixture to create 'blockbusters', because the nature of random draws is that they create their own storylines rather than you having to script it. PRECISELY because these happen relatively randomly, serendipity throws up all kinds of quirks of timing, such as last day dramas and unexpected results.
    The AFL needs to look at the last round coming up in the EPL, every game on at the same time with so much at stake in terms of qualifications and relegation's. I can't wait for this.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The AFL needs to look at the last round coming up in the EPL, every game on at the same time with so much at stake in terms of qualifications and relegation's. I can't wait for this.
    Exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Good posting Lantern.

Can't argue with any of it, really.