Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Murphy: Why I'm a passionate Bulldog

Murphy might get it, but the AFL doesn't.

How is moving players from club to club going to develop this kind of attachment to the club? Free agency will attack the very heart of what makes our game great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

How is moving players from club to club going to develop this kind of attachment to the club? Free agency will attack the very heart of what makes our game great.
    The players wanted free agency, not the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't AD against Free Agency?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    The players wanted free agency, not the AFL.
    Should have said AFLPA then.

Regardless, I will still attack the fabric of our game

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Murphy: Why I'm a passionate Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Whether you like his writing/speaking style or not, Bobby strikes me as a guy who just gets it. He understands the spiritual side of football, he understands what makes us all love footy so much, no matter who you barrack for. I think his HoF speech just shows this to the rest of us. He could've spoken about many things, about glory, playing for your teammates, etc., but instead he talks about an old Doggies-mad mate he had, he talks about the feeling around the club and he talks about guys like Terry Wheeler and Chris Grant, and to me this shows just how much he “gets it”.

I'm so glad we've got guys like this at the club. I'm sure these days it's Bobby leaving letters to the young guys, and that's just freaking awesome if you ask me…
    And I'm So Glad that I was there to hear him make that heart warming speech, while wearing the Hoops. & I'll be there on the 26th to hear someone else speak so honestly from the heart about Our Club

Post Thanks / Like

Love it. Would have loved it just that little bit more if Bobby hadn't turned the ball over kicking it across the face of goal last week.

Kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Murphy: Why I'm a passionate Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Sorry. I love Murph as a player and person but I am yet to read a single article that I enjoyed.
    Do you enjoy sucking lemons?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I love Murph as a player and person but I am yet to read a single article that I enjoyed.
    I don't mind some of his writing, but a bit goes a long way IMO.

Top bloke though.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

But yet you still read them.
    Shame on Bobbie for opening up and letting out some passion.
    Would, "one game at a time" and "still plenty of room for improvement", make better writing for you ?

Sockeye Salmon.Regardless, I will still attack the fabric of our game
    This is about passion and rubbing on the linament, running out for the club and about what it means to a player.
    If the club means that much to the player free agency will have little impact on him resigning.
    Any way there are other forums to debate this.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    But yet you still read them.
    Shame on Bobbie for opening up and letting out some passion.
    Would, "one game at a time" and "still plenty of room for improvement", make better writing for you ?

This is about passion and rubbing on the linament, running out for the club and about what it means to a player.
    If the club means that much to the player free agency will have little impact on him resigning.
    Any way there are other forums to debate this.
    Post confusion. I thought the above referred to his recent Age article. Sure, I read everything in theage.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Do you enjoy sucking lemons?
    I'm not really sure what that means. I was actually referring to his age articles? I keep looking for the bits about footy. Am I allowed to not like his articles? Or will I be lined up and shot if I actually admit this.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what that means. I was actually referring to his age articles? I keep looking for the bits about footy. Am I allowed to not like his articles? Or will I be lined up and shot if I actually admit this.
    Of course your allowed not to like particular articles. That is freedom of speech. Everything has to be out there it is us that chooses what we like and don't like.

Post Thanks / Like

You have already admitted you don't like his articles, which is ok.
    I think the only error you made was saying it about a speech he delivered at a Our Hall of Fame night which was about his passion for the bulldogs, which we all can relate to.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.......the essence of football will be destroyed bt FA