Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Travis Cloke?

Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke?

While we all know how reliable Damian Barret is in regards to player movements (Brian Lake to leave the Dogs anyone?), on the Footy Show last night he "revealed" that the Dogs have made inquiries about what it would cost to bring Travis Cloke to the Kennel. We all know that clubs have always looked into gun players coming out of contract, but I was just wondering what all your thoughts were on this story? It's pretty obvious we need a gun forward but do we want him given how much it is likely to set us back?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Travis Cloke?

I'm not sure I could imagine anything less likely to happen in the world. We most likely can't offer what Collingwood could, we certainly couldn't offer what GWS can. Why would he possibly want to move to us? We'd have to trade Cooney, Lake and a couple of others to make cap room for a start. then convince him to leave the almighty Collingwood cash dollars.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Its not going to happen so not worth thinking about.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Underdog, we'd have to trade a few guns to satisfy Collingwood and free up salary cap room. I have complete faith in Macca's ability to teach young players and we have more than enough young, talented KP prospects already. It might mean a few years of pain, but Jones, Panos and Hill all have great potential and by all reports Redpath and Campbell are competitive animals. Not worth it IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I,d take Bret "Who What" Thornton instead of Travis "The Snooze Missile" Cloke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post

Yeah ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume this means that you are totally not interested in Cloke, rather than being serious.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yeah ok.
    Oh come one , it would great to have the big kid around , sort of like having a more useful version of Chad Morgan expect we would be allowed to poke him with a stick , he's only 27 , can play forward or back , he would,nt be a big burden on the wages and is a Free Agent
    ( sounds like a kids game " I,ll swap you a Mossad Sniper for a Stasi Counter Intelligence Agent " )

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather Sigrid Thornton than Brett

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    While we all know how reliable Damian Barret is in regards to player movements (Brian Lake to leave the Dogs anyone?), on the Footy Show last night he "revealed" that the Dogs have made inquiries about what it would cost to bring Travis Cloke to the Kennel. We all know that clubs have always looked into gun players coming out of contract, but I was just wondering what all your thoughts were on this story? It's pretty obvious we need a gun forward but do we want him given how much it is likely to set us back?
    First sentence sums it up.
    How is Brian Going at his new club?
    Pie in the Sky stuff ( no pun intended)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh come one , it would great to have the big kid around , sort of like having a more useful version of Chad Morgan expect we would be allowed to poke him with a stick , he's only 27 , can play forward or back , he would,nt be a big burden on the wages and is a Free Agent
    ( sounds like a kids game " I,ll swap you a Mossad Sniper for a Stasi Counter Intelligence Agent " )

You're kidding arent you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I'd rather Sigrid Thornton than Brett
    Well Melbourne were thinking of Olivia Newton John there for a while, just to add a bit of hardness to their midfield. So Sigrid may not be out of the question!

Come on seriously, Brett Thorton? Wasn't he playing for the Bullants for large parts of last season?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke is a bonefide superstar and we could only get him in our wildest dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke is an unrestricted free agent next year. We have a lot more room in our salary cap than Collingwood, especially after they had to fork out top dollar to Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas.

The Giants will probably offer Cloke the most money - estimates have ranged from $1.3m to $1.5m per season. The Pies salary cap issues will limit their offer to something around $750K per season, while Fremantle are being rumoured to be offerring in the range of $1m/season.

If we have room in the salary cap to match Fremantle's offer, we are right in the hunt to secure Cloke IF he values cold hard cash over team loyalty.

Whether we should go down this road or not is a different question - I doubt we will because we are a fair way from challenging for a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

The club should be asking questions about the availability of a player like Cloke

But a lot of water will have to go under the bridge to actually get him to the Kennel

He's a fine player but his mental approach does concern me