Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Travis Cloke?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Travis Cloke?

We wouldn't land a player like Cloke from a club like Collingwood

If he goes anywhere it will be to a club like Freo who will pay him top dollar and may have reasonable finals prospects from 2013-2015

Post Thanks / Like

This story reeks of the club responding to some cheap goading from a gutter scribe and being seem to be doing their due diligence on an out of contract player. Then our guys can at least say 'we exhausted all available options'. Nothing more than window dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This story reeks of the club responding to some cheap goading from a gutter scribe and being seem to be doing their due diligence on an out of contract player. Then our guys can at least say 'we exhausted all available options'. Nothing more than window dressing.
    That's bullcrap... Fanta will be all over this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Balls.

The club made no comment when Barrett went to them on the story.

Besides, even if they did, the conversation would have gone something along the lines of:

"We know Travis is out of contract, what will it take to get him to the club"

"Well, Freo are offering $1m, GWS can beat that"

"Fair enough, thanks for your time"

I'm no fan of Fantasia either but you're giving way too much thought to this story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Travis Cloke is a bonefide superstar and we could only get him in our wildest dreams.
    Disagree. He is used very astutely by his coaching staff to maximise his abilities
    but if we are calling travis cloke a superstar then what do you call EJ , Buddy, Matthews,
    Grant, Both Ablett's etc (the list goes on) ? They must be a superhuman race from outer space if he is a superstar. He is not a superstar, and also he wears
    a girly glove

Post Thanks / Like

He's pretty, pretty, prettty, pretty good. IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want him, didn't like his attitude complaining to the umpires for ever contest he didn't win.

But hey what would I know, I was against B.Hall coming to our club.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Disagree. He is used very astutely by his coaching staff to maximise his abilities
    but if we are calling travis cloke a superstar then what do you call EJ , Buddy, Matthews,
    Grant, Both Ablett's etc (the list goes on) ? They must be a superhuman race from outer space if he is a superstar. He is not a superstar, and also he wears
    a girly glove
    I agree. The term superstar is too widely used these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I wouldn't want him, didn't like his attitude complaining to the umpires for ever contest he didn't win.

But hey what would I know, I was against B.Hall coming to our club.
    Yep he's a sook, not a good look or example for the rest of our players. Could use his talents though
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke!? Pfft we have Tory Dickson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    He's pretty, pretty, prettty, pretty good. IMO.
    Thank you Larry David

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs, Demons in hunt for Cloke

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...516-1yrl8.html

The Bulldogs' interest in Cloke is based upon the club's desperate need for a power forward, the club having struggled to convert the deluge of opportunities created by its midfield in the wake of Barry Hall's retirement.

To date, the club's new list manager, Jason McCartney, has met with Carr to ascertain the All-Australian's situation, what Cloke is seeking and whether he is genuinely interested in leaving via free agency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Dogs, Demons in hunt for Cloke

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...516-1yrl8.html

"The Bulldogs' interest in Cloke is based upon the club's desperate need for a power forward, the club having struggled to convert the deluge of opportunities created by its midfield in the wake of Barry Hall's retirement."

To date, the club's new list manager, Jason McCartney, has met with Carr to ascertain the All-Australian's situation, what Cloke is seeking and whether he is genuinely interested in leaving via free agency.
    Under the new free agency system, Cloke is a restricted free agent at the end of this season, so Collingwood is allowed to match the best offer and retain him.

So why would he leave if Collingwood can match any offer? I guess they will have salary cap issues if it goes to high won't they. I'm really not sure about this one. He would be great, but would cost us the Smorgon family silverwear. Tory Dickson might get the job done!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Under the new free agency system, Cloke is a restricted free agent at the end of this season, so Collingwood is allowed to match the best offer and retain him.

So why would he leave if Collingwood can match any offer? I guess they will have salary cap issues if it goes to high won't they. I'm really not sure about this one. He would be great, but would cost us the Smorgon family silverwear.
    With the stars they have, like Swan, Pendles, Thomas, Beam etc they will have salary cap issues. Our Stars are ageing and we have a massive gap in the middle range, so not many on massive salaries. I would pay Griffen a lot of money, Lake is in his last years and will probably go on the vets list, Cooney is gone, Murphy at the end of his career as is Boyd, so no more A graders left.

I would have Cloke in a heartbeat if we can fit him in and he wants to play for us. He is still only 25 years old.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    So why would he leave if Collingwood can match any offer? I guess they will have salary cap issues if it goes to high won't they.
    You've hit the nail on the head. If another club offers Cloke a salary, Collingwwod is then compelled to match it if they wish to retain him. Clubs may look at this as a strategy in order to see middle to lower tier players squeezed out & as such be available, due to salary cap restraints.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!