Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 7

Bankers

Griff - deadset star.
    Crossy - some terrific marks/interceptions.
    Dicko - showed what he could add to our side. Read it well, involved himself in the play.

Honourable mentions Shermanator - ran hard, provided a spark. Wallis and Libba - great signs for our midfield future. Vez - improving game by game. Gia - when he slotted his third, I hadn't realised he'd had three!

ANCHORS

Appalling umpiring - obviously, the non-call after DFA's chase and tackle was a howler. Maybe I'll have to stay home on Umpire Appreciation round Tough to pick an anchor today, which is a great thing!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hasn't played for us for a very long time
    Apologies......Hargrave was outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    You can add Dickson & Vespa (especially in the 3rd qtr) as playing their best games for the club.
    Yes had Vez in there, and your right best game from Dickson for us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why wasn't that a free kick to us? Incorrect disposal of the ball and a great tackle. I just don't get the umpiring. Later on in the centre of the ground they paid one exactly the for the same thing?
    Umpire said he had no prior opportunity. Just a massive balls-up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Umpire said he had no prior opportunity. Just a massive balls-up there.
    That particular umpire (no.24) was pathetic..

Post Thanks / Like

Anchor
    Umpire no' 24 graduated with honours from the razor ray school. Commentators were universally astounded at the Goldstein "decision".

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Sherman- great effort today, attacked the ball with ferocity and hit the contest full tilt. Both goals were opportunistic and a real team lifter.

Wallis- Really happy with his progress is getting more comfortable at the level, used the ball generally well and was creative.

Lake- they said on after the bounce that he was involved in 52 spoils. Not sure if this is right but if it is wow. Gave Petrie a touch up today and set us up from defence.

Also really happy with Dickson, Vez, Cordy and Austins efforts today.

Anchors- More incidents/plays that annoyed.

Murphy- Demanding the ball off Grant after he took on and beat ferrito. Squaring the ball to a 50-50 contest in the middle of the ground and resulting in a turnover and eventually a north goal.

Goal line pressure- it really shits me watching opposition defenders take uncontested marks in our goal square. Happened on a number of occasions and would have loved a more physically presence from Gia, Cordy, Minson, Higgins and Grant on these occasions. (Not limited to just these players).

Griffen- had a great game but please leave the left foot out of the equation. Only minor but doesn't look comfortable using it at all.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That particular umpire (no.24) was pathetic..
    On the flipside, the Rob Sitch lookalike is the ump who I struggle with, who seems too often to get caught up in the theatrics of blowing his whistle at 50/50 contests rather than applying some benefit of doubt to his perceived transgressor.

Post Thanks / Like

An unsung banker for me:

Dylan Addison's disposal was very good today. Only had it 13 times but hit some long targets out of defense.

He's doing everything asked of him at the moment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Sherman- Worked as hard as any player on the field and gave us a spark

Dickson- Could be a breakout game for him

McCartney- I'm loving the hard edge we're playing with, the players look so hungry

Anchors

Not much really

Murphy- Some of his switching of play has been horrendous

Boyd- Was good but his kicks it blindly a lot, even under no pressure art times

Umpiring- We had some flogs out there today

Post Thanks / Like

On the back of only seeing the second half of the game on the box due to lunch commitments:

Bankers:

Vez - Thought he worked pretty hard today and provided some run and polish. Needs to back up recent performances with a consistent run of form.

Sherman - It's been a while since I've seen a Bulldogs player hit the front and centre position with such pace and hunger, good to see two solid finishes as well (though I heard he was wasteful early).

Cordy's Marking - He just needs to get used to taking marks, and improving bit by bit as he develops.

Anchors:

Clean sheet this week. There were a couple of patches of play where individuals didn't perform as they should, though with only seeing half a game nobody stood out as being particularly ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd like to put an early Bankers nomination for Dylan Addisons run down of Goldstein. They still got a goal out of it but it was an inspiring effort.
    That was a great effort from Addision there showing how much pressure we put on North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That was a great effort from Addision there showing how much pressure we put on North.
    It was Brian Cordy like. He ran down Bernie Quinlan in a similar way.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Mitch Wallis - terrific game. Between him and Libba - there's a lot of talk about the qualities they don't have - with the regular comment about our 'one paced, slow mids' - but they have some brilliant qualities and they are the right kind of blokes to have. Tough, hard working, great and hands and decision making in close. And Wallis in particular, appears to have leadership all over him - so much direction to his team mates around the stoppages, and the kid has only played a dozen games or so.

Veszpremi - really adds a bit of dash and dare off half back. I like that his first instinct is to take on the opposition, take on the tackler, rather than handballing it off instantly and making it someone else's problem.

Gia - I don't often sit behind the goals, but this week our tickets were behind the sticks on level 2 - and Gia's smarts were great to watch.

Macca - had a good day. On that evidence - has the kids playing the right way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Anchor
    Umpire no' 24 graduated with honours from the razor ray school. Commentators were universally astounded at the Goldstein "decision".
    This was almost in front of me, I was to the left behind the goals. I really think it was so split it could have been called Goal, Holding the ball or even push in the back. Either way one club was always going to be p*ssed.

Anchors (Without mentioning how good the best really were)

Picken for destroying Boomer yet again. Has had his measure for years! Still remember Pickens first game I believe on Boomer

Austin beating Edwards who usually does well against us - With Markovic down he has really stepped up, he isnt your 25 possie defender he's your classic defender with brilliant spoiling work.