Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 7

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    No offence, but this made me laugh. It was clearly, undoubtedly, unequivocally a shocking non-decision. No ifs, buts or maybe's - incorrect disposal was the ONLY call that should have been made.

I think you mean Bankers?
    Do they still allow leniency for the ball being knocked out in the tackle? If they do, then maybe I could understand the umpire thinking this was the case............nah, it was so clearly incorrect disposal after having prior opportunity it wasn't funny.

Umpire got it wrong, and his boss needs to say in public that was the case, as it's decisions like this that really frustrate supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Dickson - Goals aside, seems to be a canny footballer.
    Sherman and Vez - They both have deficiencies in their games that need improvement, but they were both good today and provide us with something different that we sorely need. Should both play every game this year if form warrants it.
    Cordy - Got smashed by McIntosh in a big shirtfront. Got up, took a breath, got on with it.

Anchors

Roughead - When I played basketball I used to say that big guys were the bane of my existence. It wasn't so much that they made more or worse mistakes than anyone else, it was that they looked clunkier and were more likely to hurt themselves or a teammate doing it. Roughy's attempt to knock out our best player in Griffen today was ugly to watch, and I think after seeing the replay he'll be advised to let the guy run on to it next time.

Danny Frawley - There's no Hargraves in our team.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Or Daniel Boyd who I heard get a mention

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Or Daniel Boyd who I heard get a mention
    That made me laugh. Brad Boyd, Daniel Boyd and Matthew Boyd, I guess he gets enough of the ball for 3 players.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    [B

Anchors

Roughead - When I played basketball I used to say that big guys were the bane of my existence. It wasn't so much that they made more or worse mistakes than anyone else, it was that they looked clunkier and were more likely to hurt themselves or a teammate doing it. Roughy's attempt to knock out our best player in Griffen today was ugly to watch, and I think after seeing the replay he'll be advised to let the guy run on to it next time.
    I had a very good view of that one- and I think it was just unlucky.
    Roughy had every right to still be after the footy in that situation - both had eyes for the footy and it was only a matter of split seconds after the ball came off the pack.
    If anything - I thought it was Roughy's ball - as he had momentum and could have gathered and handballed to someone around the 50m arc who had a full view of the options or the goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Roughy had every right to still be after the footy in that situation - both had eyes for the footy and it was only a matter of split seconds after the ball came off the pack.
    If anything - I thought it was Roughy's ball - as he had momentum and could have gathered and handballed to someone around the 50m arc who had a full view of the options or the goals.
    Not to mention Wells pushed Griffen forward to further enhance his momentum. Pretty dangerous by Wells and missed by the umps.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching the replay and wanted to give some banker love to Will Minson- Some of his tap work was absolutely first class.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Just finished watching the replay and wanted to give some banker love to Will Minson- Some of his tap work was absolutely first class.
    Very good game by Wilbur.

Just can't understand how they worked out the stats with Goldstein and McIntosh both clearly beaten, but no joy for the Dream Team points with Will.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Good call Slim. Big Will was very good - and shouldered the ruck work for the vast majority of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Fair enough. I saw it differently. I thought Griff running on to it towards goal probably had right of way, but no problem with what you said. TBH it was probably made to look worse for Roughy by Wells giving Griff a little shove from behind.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe The Banker has learnt how to pull a few strings up there. Hopefully he can keep pulling them.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta give some Banker love to Gia. I've been critical of him this year; he's slowed down plenty and he doesn't get much of it....

But every touch he does get is pretty much effective and his body positioning on the weekend helped put his teammates in scoring positions. No better example than the goal Higgins kicked running into the square. Gia stayed down in a marking contest, kept his feet under pressure when the ball hit the turf and just got a hand on it to hit it to Higgins advantage, allowing him the easy conversion.

It won't be marked on the stats sheet but without him, we wouldn't have scored.

Hopefully he's easing into the year and his body will allow him to impact more contests. His level of nous is sorely needed in our team.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of Bankers obviously:

Will: too strong and excellent tap work, a lot less of the bang it as far as he can days of his youth this year.

Vez: The game against melbourne he was very soft and pulled out of a few contests when he needed hit hard, and apart from his skills he wasn't impacting the game much.

Last 2 weeks he's clearly worked out or been told to turn around and run with the ball and gee he looks much better when he does. He's never going to be a Addison type of bang and crash player but if he can keep generating run like that he'll have a spot in the team.

If only he can get that extra 5 or so more disposals a game now and he'll take a lot of focus off Murphy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Gotta give some Banker love to Gia. I've been critical of him this year; he's slowed down plenty and he doesn't get much of it....

But every touch he does get is pretty much effective and his body positioning on the weekend helped put his teammates in scoring positions. No better example than the goal Higgins kicked running into the square. Gia stayed down in a marking contest, kept his feet under pressure when the ball hit the turf and just got a hand on it to hit it to Higgins advantage, allowing him the easy conversion.

It won't be marked on the stats sheet but without him, we wouldn't have scored.

Hopefully he's easing into the year and his body will allow him to impact more contests. His level of nous is sorely needed in our team.
    He also threw himself into Higgins' persuing opponent as he was going to ground taking him out and allowing Higgins to stroll into an open goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He also threw himself into Higgins' persuing opponent as he was going to ground taking him out and allowing Higgins to stroll into an open goal.
    Did he not also allow Cordy a relatively free run at a mark about 20 metres out?