Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Did you go to the North game this weekend?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 57.75%
  • No, Mothers day made it hard

12 16.90%
  • No, I have lost the love of the game

3 4.23%
  • No, I rarely go now

7 9.86%
  • No, I don't go to away games

3 4.23%
  • No, I only go to games where I think we can win

0 0%
  • No, Family commitments mean I can't get there

13 18.31%
  • No, prefer to watch it on the TV

3 4.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who went today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who went today?

Mothers day matches never draw a crowd. I went and loved the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With it on tv I do prefer to stay home. I'm not getting much enjoyment out of going live ATM, that might change in the future, but as I get older I also get a bit lazier, funny thing is this is the first year I have bought a reserved seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What was the official crowd attendance at today's match?
    The crowd was around 20880. Mother's Day and a wet and cold day would have been strong contributing factors. I would have thought that after our effort last week against Collingwood that it might have attracted a bigger crowd particularly as it was a substitute match for Bulldog members.

Post Thanks / Like

Very rarely miss a game. But could not make it today due to Mother's Day commitments.

Just another example of the AFL helping the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker. StKilda V Carlton is on Monday night due to Mothers Day. Why not play Essendon Vs an interstate side on Mothers's Day? Yet again we are on the receiving end of a bad fixture for generating interest and support for our club.

Post Thanks / Like

I went but wouldn't be surprised if people were turned off because of the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to be content listening to radio due to work from home commitments.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Kindly got some tickets from North Melbourne via their 'Hub' for 5 of our students and myself. One thing they do very well is draw in supporters from international student organisations. In return my students have to write 200 words about their day. Going to teach them some special expressions, like 'Wilbur! and Crossy!!' Thanks North!
    They think our game is a bit mad.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been to a game this year as I gave up my seat but kept membership as I thought we would be moved interstate by this time 2012. We are still going but it's going to be later now. I got Foxtell so I could watch the boys once I knew we would still be in Melbourne for a while yet.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I was packed and ready to go, but my wife was sick and given it's mother's day, leaving her with 3 kids alone while sick wasn't really the right thing to do. I'm gutted I missed being there.
    Almost the same, except it was me with the fever - gutted for a few reasons, including that I was going to take both kids, and it was going to be the youngest one's 1st ever game (she was pumped as well).

Don't have Foxtel so it is not playing a role in whether I attend games.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Day lunch in Brighton , I tried to get it moved closer to the city say Etihad Stadium , no dice , their are all St Kilda supporters , I had to watch a live stream on my laptop while fending off my brothers sons

Post Thanks / Like

Two of normal four went (Dad and son), the mum and daughter stayed home

Post Thanks / Like

We go most weeks but due to a "Mother's Day" lunch couldn't get there today. Weather usually doesn't stop us if it is at Etihad. Didn't find out the score till I sat back in my car, turned on SEN and heard a Norf supporter going crackers at coach Scott. You gotta love the Norf supporters. I always enjoy beating Norf mainly because of their supporters.Looking forward to watching replay on Foxtel tonight at 11.30.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Family reasons make sense but I'm guessing so many people who wouldn't miss a game a while back now look for reasons not to go.
    That's true, but if I live a little closer to Melbourne I would have gone afterwards.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor crowd.

I went and loved it -- one of the more enjoyable games I've been to for 2 or so years.

Post Thanks / Like

I went. Yes it was cold and wet outside, but you can't beat a roof at the footy. Not a lot of Dogs supporters at the game, though the colours can be hard to spot in amongst the Norf fans.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!