Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Did you go to the North game this weekend?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 57.75%
  • No, Mothers day made it hard

12 16.90%
  • No, I have lost the love of the game

3 4.23%
  • No, I rarely go now

7 9.86%
  • No, I don't go to away games

3 4.23%
  • No, I only go to games where I think we can win

0 0%
  • No, Family commitments mean I can't get there

13 18.31%
  • No, prefer to watch it on the TV

3 4.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who went today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who went today?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I upgraded my membership for a Lv 2 seat at no cost.
    Really? Was not aware of that. Will need to remember for next year. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I upgraded my membership to Level 1 seat for no cost as well. Was in Aisle 46 Row A great view when ball was up our end.
    Train trip had more Bulldogs than North supporters both ways but was the Werribee line. Last week I think our supporters outnumbered the Pies ones too.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the view from Level 3, wouldn't want to upgrade to level 1 (would take level 2 though!)

Went today, only time I will miss games in Melbourne is when they are on Saturday arvos, because I'm playing football.

Don't think the club did a particularly good job of informing people this was a replacement match.

Post Thanks / Like

I went today, sat on L3. Hung up a few flags as I do most weeks but had an overzealous security guard demand I take them down. The 2cm of fabric that was hanging below the ledge was blocking the view from an empty corporate box.

Post Thanks / Like

I coach the local Gisborne Under 12s. We had a clash of times this week. It would be nice to play a few Saturday games. I'm getting very poor value from this years membership.

Post Thanks / Like

Flew over for the weekend and was really quite shocked with the crowd, regardless of mothers day and bad weather, considering almost 60,000 members had the right to free entry.

Just a small idea I had is at the end of the game, when they traditionally give out footys, I would like to see our boys handing out junior membership packs (with say a 5 free game membership card). They would need to validate it with their details online and any that attend all 5 games go into a special prize pack draw at the end of the year.

This will be a win-win in that if they aren't already a member it sows the seed and probably drags dad or the family along to a few more games. If they are already a member they could use it to bring a friend along which is obviously also beneficial. 300 packs all up would not be a huge figure (15 or so games in Melbourne x 22 players) and you are likely to see some of that money come back through the gate from tickets of the family members. Short term it is exposing more young kids to the footy, whilst decked out in the Bulldogs gear they received, and hopefully long term it will help build the membership base. You could also ask people to sponsor the programme.

The only drawback is it would have been much more powerful a few years ago when we had a high win ratio.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't go. The pup cracked it as we were about to leave and refused to go. The bride was at work so we stayed home and watched a stream.

Half way through the 3rd quarter he said, "why wouldn't you let me go to the Bulldogs today?".

Kids like winners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I didn't go. The pup cracked it as we were about to leave and refused to go. The bride was at work so we stayed home and watched a stream.

Half way through the 3rd quarter he said, "why wouldn't you let me go to the Bulldogs today?".

Kids like winners.
    Finding a stream is great especially if you don't have Foxtel.

Post Thanks / Like

No spent the morning and early Arvo with a sick girlfriend and then off to see my mum don't go to away games even if it's a replacement game.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Finding a stream is great especially if you don't have Foxtel.
    Finding a stream is not too hard, it's just usually disgraceful resolution and full of pop-up ads

Post Thanks / Like

I was there and lucky enough to score Medallion Club tix...great day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was there, level 2 behind the goals.

Very enjoyable day.

Post Thanks / Like

I had lunch with my grandmother, aunts and great-aunts for Mothers Day. Love my footy but my Nan may not be around forever. Thinking of ducking up to Sydney in June to atoneā€¦

Post Thanks / Like

This was the first game we've been able to get to all year. Can't do night or twilight games as it's too late for the kids, and afternoon games in Melbourne are few and far between. (Round 1 had to go to a friend's birthday - not happy)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I prefer the view from Level 3, wouldn't want to upgrade to level 1 (would take level 2 though!)

Went today, only time I will miss games in Melbourne is when they are on Saturday arvos, because I'm playing football.

Don't think the club did a particularly good job of informing people this was a replacement match.
    I agree. I actually phoned the club last Monday to check if it was a replacement game. They didn't send an email out until Wednesday. Also, luckily friends had heard somewhere that if you usually have a reserved seat & went to the ticket box, you could get a free upgrade to a seat on level one. Sat in aisle 46, row C and loved it! This also was not well publicised (if at all) by the club.

It was nice to see my first win of the season, really enjoyed singing the song after the game!!