Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Did you go to the North game this weekend?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 57.75%
  • No, Mothers day made it hard

12 16.90%
  • No, I have lost the love of the game

3 4.23%
  • No, I rarely go now

7 9.86%
  • No, I don't go to away games

3 4.23%
  • No, I only go to games where I think we can win

0 0%
  • No, Family commitments mean I can't get there

13 18.31%
  • No, prefer to watch it on the TV

3 4.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who went today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who went today?

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    I agree. I actually phoned the club last Monday to check if it was a replacement game. They didn't send an email out until Wednesday. Also, luckily friends had heard somewhere that if you usually have a reserved seat & went to the ticket box, you could get a free upgrade to a seat on level one. Sat in aisle 46, row C and loved it! This also was not well publicised (if at all) by the club.

It was nice to see my first win of the season, really enjoyed singing the song after the game!!
    I ddin't know that and I have two seats reserved Anyway, didn't matter the stadium was half empty.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I ddin't know that and I have two seats reserved Anyway, didn't matter the stadium was half empty.
    Exactly, it was not publicised at all. Not sure where our friends heard about it but I was happy that I got to sit on level one as I thought I'd be heading up to level 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had horrendous value from my membership for years -- Sunday arvos are just stupid. I know they have to schedule them there but it's like our default time. If even die-hards can't make it regularly on Sunday afternoons, what chance us getting any new fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I've had horrendous value from my membership for years -- Sunday arvos are just stupid. I know they have to schedule them there but it's like our default time. If even die-hards can't make it regularly on Sunday afternoons, what chance us getting any new fans?
    Why is it harder - in general - for supporters to get there on Sunday's as opposed to Saturday's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Why is it harder - in general - for supporters to get there on Sunday's as opposed to Saturday's?
    Kids footy is Sundays

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday night is a school night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Kids footy is Sundays
    Adults footy/ and under 19s footy - is Saturday's at 2pm (or up until 2pm if you're resereves player) though.
    I haven't been to a Saturday arvo game in years (this will be my first year for a while). At least most kids footy is finished in the morning.

And plenty of people (particularly many tradies) have work on Saturday's.

People have their reasons for not getting there at different times - and I understand for the 4:40pm game some families don't like to do. But a 1pm or 2pm Sunday game is no more or less convenient generally speaking, surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Sunday night is a school night.
    Fair enough for the 4:40 game - but it doesn't stop you for a 1.10 or a 2.10 does it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Fair enough for the 4:40 game - but it doesn't stop you for a 1.10 or a 2.10 does it?
    No, and it didn't yesterday, we went.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, luckily friends had heard somewhere that if you usually have a reserved seat & went to the ticket box, you could get a free upgrade to a seat on level one. Sat in aisle 46, row C and loved it! This also was not well publicised (if at all) by the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Never knew about this arrangement and would've saved me a nose bleed if I had.

Given our replacement games are not likely to threaten a record attendance level nor be against Collingwood it's good to know that a section is being allocated for our reserve seat holders.

Suz32, where is Aisle 46 located ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I only went today as I was lucky enough to get tickets through work. Normally I don't go to away games due to the cost.
    It was a replacement home game though, so if a member it was free entry.

I hardly ever go to away games either

It was the perfect storm yesterday - Mother's Day & rain, though 20K is massively disappointing anyway. The replacement home game doesn't seem to pull in the punters (forget yesterday - I've gone to most replacement games over the years and anecdotally I can say we have't gotten the numbers to them) and I can't figure out why. Is it that the arrangement isn't promoted heavily enough?

If only 3/4 of members from both clubs show up yesterday, it's in the mid 40K range.

I'm glad Mum was happy for a Mother's Day breakfast yesterday - horendous scheduling from the AFL
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

It was the perfect storm yesterday - Mother's Day & rain, though 20K is massively disappointing anyway. The replacement home game doesn't seem to pull in the punters (forget yesterday - I've gone to most replacement games over the years and anecdotally I can say we have't gotten the numbers to them) and I can't figure out why. Is it that the arrangement isn't promoted heavily enough?

If only 3/4 of members from both clubs show up yesterday, it's in the mid 40K range.

I'm glad Mum was happy for a Mother's Day breakfast yesterday - horendous scheduling from the AFL
    After our performance last week against the Pies I thought more would come and it would be push to about 30k. Our membership though is now over 28,000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

It seems like we play most years on Mothers Day or Fathers Day or both. How about the AFL giving that game to some of the 'rich' clubs for a change?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Never knew about this arrangement and would've saved me a nose bleed if I had.

Given our replacement games are not likely to threaten a record attendance level nor be against Collingwood it's good to know that a section is being allocated for our reserve seat holders.

Suz32, where is Aisle 46 located ?
    Yes, I'm glad I heard about it, but it wasn't promoted at all that I know of. An email/SMS from the club would have been handy.

Aisle 46 is at the Bourke Street end, 2 bays from behind the goals/Bulldogs cheer squad. Walked straight in through the gates from the station and aisle 46 was straight ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like we play most years on Mothers Day or Fathers Day or both. How about the AFL giving that game to some of the 'rich' clubs for a change?
    Also I reckon Anzac day every year should be different teams in it. The reason why they don't is they know certain clubs won't draw 80,000 to the MCG.