Okay we are 3/4 with a realistic chance of going 4/4 against the GC this weekend. The following week we play Geelong at Etihad. Geelong are clearly not the team they were, they have not won a contested footy count all year, were beaten by North, made to look like a VFL side against Adelaide and pushed by Richmond at home. Their losses have been more than abberations, many in the know think they are on a downward spiral. I still think write them off at your own peril.

I know we need to get past GC first, and this thread is premature, but if we do knock over GC, I think we have a very good chance of matching or even beating the cats the following Friday night at Etihad. We are playing good contested football at that venue and Geelong will be taking us very seriously. It's a big stage with an opportunity to claim a big scalp and go 5/4 and probably be an equal amount of games outside the 8 (or potentially in the 8 if other matches go our way). I think we played well against WC for three quarters, were good in Adelaide and against Collingwood and were obviously rewarded for sustaining the pressure yesterday. The Saints game is looking like an abberation.

So, in light of all these hypotheticals and I'm aware I'm getting excited, but if we beat Geelong where are we at and can we start to hope to play finals football this year?