Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP - Addison Two Weeks, reduced to One with guilty plea

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not condoning Dylan's action on Bennell and agree with Chef on this but how Harvey's strike on Wingard can be assessed as reckless rather than intentional is just wrong. Harvey was having another shocker of a day and his action was borne out of built up frustration from having little to no positive influence. His action was more than reckless. The subjectivity in the detrmination of what is reckless and intentional continues to be baffling.
    Harvey was good player in the past but seems to be involved in off the ball stuff more than ever of late and maybe it's age catching up on him. I guess It was a clip, rather than a full force blow. I agree he should have gotten a week. I thought the head was sacrosanct?

My guess is Dylan didn't mean to have the bloke taken off the ground.
    Is Jetta the first or second player to be cited for staging? Wasn't Chad Cornes the first?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He had to be removed from the ground.
    Which just highlights how soft he is.

Plenty of players get much more serious things and refuse to go off. Not many need to be helped off after being winded.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Harvey was good player in the past but seems to be involved in off the ball stuff more than ever of late and maybe it's age catching up on him.
    What off the ball stuff is this? Crying to the umpires? Falling over? He's a piss weak little turd and the only reasons he's throwing weak punches at kids is because they can't retaliate. There wouldn't be a player in the AFL who couldn't kick his ass.

Can you tell I love Harvey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Plenty of players get much more serious things and refuse to go off. Not many need to be helped off after being winded.
    Still Addison's fault for doing it in the first place. It was just stupid and didn't needed to be done.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough about Bennell to determine whether he's a soft player, whether he's into dramatising impact or whatever. The way he fell looked a bit odd to me, though suggesting he's soft is out of line, IMO.

I use the Campbell Brown and Ward case from last year as a good example of the descrepancy between what the MRP determines to be in play, off the ball, reckless intentional etc one week, versus the next. If Brown had have had a good record he'd have been entitled to the same penalty as Addision received for his hit on Bennell.

Not sour grapes, just a really good example of the inconsistency that exists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    nd.
    Is Jetta the first or second player to be cited for staging? Wasn't Chad Cornes the first?
    Jetta is the first to cited or reported. Cornes and another player have been giving warnings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Jetta is the first to cited or reported. Cornes and another player have been giving warnings.
    Hang that around your neck for the rest of your career if you will sir!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

How is it that Addison has been reported for striking? It was a bump not striking, I really hope we contest this
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Still Addison's fault for doing it in the first place. It was just stupid and didn't needed to be done.
    But that sort of thing happens all the time in a game, it just happens this time Addison caught him in the wrong spot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But that sort of thing happens all the time in a game, it just happens this time Addison caught him in the wrong spot.
    I guess that's the chance you take.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

So you've never been winded before?

Stupid act by Dylan, has let himself and the team down.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the guy that Boomer punch have to leave the field and was the ball in the area?
    You misunderstand my point. Dylan deserves to be suspended, but so does Boomer.

Btw, I know that there must be some way to determine impact, but the result on the 'victim' shouldn't be it: some guys can take a punch better than others, doesn't make the punch any better or worse.

The punishment has to be for the intent of the action, not the result. I mean, if you consider a suspension 'punishment' to the aggressor and 'justice' for the victim, by using the victim's reaction as the barometer, you're basically penalising the victim for being tough. If you're smart and want your tagger to get suspended for a long time the system is creating an incentive to stay down after any reportable offence.

I mean, Callan Ward was basically stupid to bounce straight back up after Brown's elbow last year. If he had stayed down just another 2 or 3 minutes Brown would have gotten 8 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Addison has accepted the one match ban - silly boy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Addison has accepted the one match ban - silly boy
    More like a lucky boy.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So you've never been winded before?
    Stupid act by Dylan, has let himself and the team down.
    Had the wind knocked out of me on more than one occasion in my football life.

NEVER EVER EVER had to be helped from the ground because of it.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured