Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches Moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Anyone for John Longmire from the swans?
    I think a deal was being structured that would see Longmire groomed to take over from Roos in a few years. I think he is off the market.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Anyone for John Longmire from the swans?
    Exactly the sort of guy we should go after, and go after hard. Not sure if he is gettable - or if Eade would be interested - but would be the type of appointment I would like to see.

macca028 Guest

Voss would be a great get. We should have held on to silvagni and i think we need to restructure our football department. Get someone in like a neil balme to run it instead of eade having all of the responsibilty. Someone like sheedy would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca028 View Post
    Voss would be a great get. We should have held on to silvagni and i think we need to restructure our football department. Get someone in like a neil balme to run it instead of eade having all of the responsibilty. Someone like sheedy would be perfect.
    Not too sure if Voss would be comfortable with Aker. They seemed very strained earlier this year.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Voss would be a great get. We should have held on to silvagni and i think we need to restructure our football department.

Brian Harris went from having his worst year (with Silvagni as his coach), to a B&F winning year. I think we can do without Silvagni.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew Knights has cleared out Gary Ayres and Dean Wallis - the speculation had earlier indicated Wallis likely to join Freo, hopefully Ayres is heading back to the bottle shop

Gary ODonnell was originally offered a scouting role - but he did not feel that was challenging enough and so has been offered the backline at Essendon. This could be the perfect time to swoop on him if we want him as a replacement for Bond. Always seemed a very astute footy brain as a player, and is the well spoken intellectual type like our Rocket.

Port rumoured to be considering Neale Daniher - although it is in the advertiser so its probably off the port BF board

macca028 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Brian Harris went from having his worst year (with Silvagni as his coach), to a B&F winning year. I think we can do without Silvagni.
    Under Silvagni Brian Harris went from an average defender to a gun. Well done on him winning the best and fairest this year but its not a good sign for the team if the full back is having so much of the ball that he wins the best and fairest. I think Silvagni improved the dogs backline. Although Leon Cameron is doing a good job now.

Post Thanks / Like

Under Silvagni Brian Harris went from an average defender to a gun. Well done on him winning the best and fairest this year but its not good for the team if the ful;l back is having so much of the ball that he wins the best and fairest. Silvagni improved the dogs backline alot
    Incorrect. Harris was pretty good in 05 prior to Silvagni arriving. He did not improve to any great extent under Silvagni.
    Premiership are built on defences, nothing wrong having your FB win the B&F.

Post Thanks / Like

Who will replace Bond and Wellman?

It was reported in the paper this morning that Wellman has resigned and is moving on from the Dogs so it means we will need to find two replacements.
    Wasn't there also talk of Drain leaving as well?
    How important is it to get these coaching positions filled in the next month?
    With the players coming back from their holidays I would think that training will commence soon.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E20322,00.html

Reported in the Herald Sun today:

Meanwhile, Bulldogs assistant coach Sean Wellman has resigned and is pursing other opportunities in the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned in the Age that he's expected to be appointed to the Melbourne coaching staff.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

So that means Mifsud, Bond, Wellman and Atkins (VFL) all gone

Incoming: Gotch (VFL and assistant), ???, ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    So that means Mifsud, Bond, Wellman and Atkins (VFL) all gone

Incoming: Gotch (VFL and assistant), ???, ???
    Huge shake up. Whats does this leave us. Eade, Cameron and Drain with some question marks over Drain staying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Huge shake up. Whats does this leave us. Eade, Cameron and Drain with some question marks over Drain staying
    I've not heard any talk of Drain going - have you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I've not heard any talk of Drain going - have you?
    I have seen something in the paper and it was talked about on SEN. It's doesn't mean that he is going but just that there is some speculation. It would be a massive clean out if he goes.