Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  111
Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1782
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EPL/UEFA Transfer Rumors/Updates/Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Contes quite a coupe for Spurs. Not a long term manager but he'll be fun while it lasts for the fans. Hes awesome.
    Not convinced that we will get him but this is a manager appointment I can get behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sounds like i spoke to soon......
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sounds like i spoke to soon......
    Not getting Fonseca either, now moving onto Gattuso. What a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not getting Fonseca either, now moving onto Gattuso. What a mess.
    Its gotten embarrassing
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Racist, sexist, homophobic and a shit manager. WTF are Spurs doing.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Its gotten embarrassing
    Harry Kane gonna try to sneak into John Stones luggage back to Manchester when they leave the Euros.

Weirdly sounds like Fonseca fell apart over some sort of tax clause, but man, if he’s the guy you want, you’ve gotta be able to work that shit out.

Post Thanks / Like

*!*!*!*! knows. The ONLY good thing that might come out of it is that people are finally seeing Levy for what he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Not appointing Gattuso apparently. Wonder who is left.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ventus-allegri

‘Welcome back’: Manchester United agree €20m deal for Cristiano Ronaldo
    - United to pay €20m plus add-ons for Portugal forward
    - Manchester City decide to end interest after holding talk

Manchester United have confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will make a sensational return to Old Trafford after they agreed a fee with Juventus for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner. Ronaldo is expected to sign a two-year deal subject to being granted a visa and passing a medical, with United having agreed to pay an initial €15m to the Italian club plus up to €8m in bonuses.

Manchester City had seemed the most likely destination for the Portugal striker until Friday morning. But after a whirlwind 48 hours that saw Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, hold talks with Juventus officials in Turin on Wednesday over a potential move to the Etihad Stadium, City confirmed on Friday lunchtime that they were no longer interested.

It then emerged that Mendes had also held talks with United before a statement from them hours later then confirmed they had reached agreement with Juventus for a deal to re-sign the player who joined from Sporting Lisbon as a teenager and spent six seasons at Old Trafford before moving to Madrid for a world-record £80m in 2009.

“Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical,” it read.

“Cristiano, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, has so far won over 30 major trophies during his career, including five Uefa Champions League titles, four Fifa Club World Cups, seven league titles in England, Spain and Italy, and the European Championship for his native Portugal. In his first spell for Manchester United, he scored 118 goals in 292 games. Everyone at the club looks forward to welcoming Cristiano back to Manchester.”

Ronaldo has less than 12 months left on his contract with Juventus, worth an estimated €31m a season after tax. It is understood City were reluctant to pay a fee for a player who will turn 37 in February, having also never agreed personal terms over a proposed two-year contract.

In his press conference to preview Sunday’s meeting with Wolves, Solskjśr had earlier hinted that United could attempt to trump their neighbours by signing Ronaldo, admitting that the midfielder Bruno Fernandes had been in touch with his Portugal teammate.

“I didn’t think Ronaldo was going to turn out leaving Juventus and if it’s been speculation this morning, speculation the last few days, of course,” said Solskjśr. “We’ve always had good communication, I know Bruno [Fernandes] has been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him and if he was ever going to move away from Juventus, he knows that we are here.

“We focus on the ones we have here, I don’t want to speculate too much on what is happening there in the press. I’ve said many times with speculations that when you are at Man United, when you’re Messi, when you’re Ronaldo, when you’re Pogba, you have to read a lot about yourself, so let’s see what happens with Ronaldo as he’s such a legend of this club.”

Speaking before City’s meeting with Arsenal on Saturday at the same time as his United counterpart, Guardiola seemed resigned to the prospect of missing out on Ronaldo, having also seen previous target Harry Kane commit to staying at Tottenham earlier this week.

“The only thing I can say I think there is three or four days left until the transfer window shuts so anything can happen, but in my personal view there are few players, Cristiano Ronaldo is included and Messi of course, they decide where they are going to play,” he said. “They have the leading role in the negotiations in where they want to play and right now this is my feeling that I am more delighted with the squad I have and we will say the same.”

Guardiola added:” We are the same guys, except one player leaves, Sergio [AgŁero], and Jack [Grealish] arrives and I am focused on the players I have. I say the same: these type of players decide. A little bit less now because we have to negotiate but, for example,

The Juventus coach, Massimiliano Allegri, also revealed Ronaldo informed him of his intention to move on before their trip to face Empoli in Serie A today. “Yesterday [Thursday], Cristiano told me that he no longer has any intention to play for Juventus. For this reason he will not be called up for tomorrow’s game,” said Allegri.

“Cristiano is to be thanked for what he has done, also as an example amongst the youngsters. But as I said, we must go on. Things change, it’s a law of life. Juventus remains, which is the most important thing. Cristiano gave his contribution, he made himself available, now he leaves and life goes on.”
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Good win by Chelsea women over Gunners in FA Cup with 2 goals from Kerr.
    FFC: Established 1877

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good win by Chelsea women over Gunners in FA Cup with 2 goals from Kerr.
    Domestic treble too.

Kerr is our greatest ever footballer.
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Domestic treble too.

Kerr is our greatest ever footballer.
    Better than Charlie Yankos? I don't know about that.

Now is the winter of our discontent

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Better than Charlie Yankos? I don't know about that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Evan_M_G/...nEVaw7Q4Q&s=19
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

She is brilliant
    FFC: Established 1877

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    She is brilliant
    Yes she is! Probably hit Daniel with a few of these in the back yard.

https://twitter.com/Bcoxy2012/status...HIUVxKNxw&s=19
    Retired from match day thread - Sep 2021.

19. Thanks chef thanked for this post