Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Can't believe some of the over the top responses here. Regardless of what people on this board think about sledging, the fact is it's not the first time Will has "crossed the line". After he copped a warning for the Cornes incident the AFL and the club really had nowhere to go. He simply couldn't just receive another warning. One week is probably the best outcome we could have hoped for.

The club has signed up for the AFL's respect and responsibility code as have the players. Short of denying Will said anything that breached the code, what did anyone expect them to do? They've taken the smart approach and should not be pilloried for it.
    Agreed
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Because when he does return the circus will continue... If he played this week it would be forgotten about by next Monday.

It will now be brought up in the lead up to our game vs Essendon.
    It would have anyway (been brought up this week should he have played) and had we not acted, the negative commentary would've carried on through this week and potentially beyond

Can't agree Mantis (which is rare for me with your posts)

Just hope they/we can just put this behind us now.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

It's simple.....if Minson doesn't think the club has supported him he will seek to leave at the end of the year.
    Yes, we are the club that can afford to have all our good players walk out on us. And we are also the club that has always been so good to our list that none of our champions ever leaves us. Oh yes, we are also the club that never loses anyone to expansion clubs. Also, yes, we are the club that has enough money to throw at our players to ensure that we'll win any bidding war.

It's a good thing you're not in charge of list management because we would have no good players left. Oh wait.

No one wants to play for a club that just rolls over every time the AFL says boo. Call it a long bow, but I see a direct correlation between being the trying too hard to please runt of the competition and 60 farking years without a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Yes, we are the club that can afford to have all our good players walk out on us. And we are also the club that has always been so good to our list that none of our champions ever leaves us. Oh yes, we are also the club that never loses anyone to expansion clubs. Also, yes, we are the club that has enough money to throw at our players to ensure that we'll win any bidding war.

It's a good thing you're not in charge of list management because we would have no good players left. Oh wait.

No one wants to play for a club that just rolls over every time the AFL says boo. Call it a long bow, but I see a direct correlation between being the trying too hard to please runt of the competition and 60 farking years without a flag.
    I think Lantern that you and the others, who are bagging the club, should see Will's press conference/apology where he noticeably chokes up. He is deeply sorry and admitted he was in the wrong. The Club acted accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not the first time players have been sledged since McGinnity. The suggestion here is that the sledge went too far and there is no-one on this board who can categorically say it didn't.
    So no one has ever stepped over this so called line till now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course Will will be gone at the end of the season. List managers all over the country looking for a ruckman can't believe their luck and his manager is laughing all the way to the bank.

Your club is going nowhere, it can't hang on to its best young players, and you just got hung out to dry for a sledge. Hawthorn or another flag challenger come knocking on your door with more money and a chance of winning something. Why the hell would you stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I was talking about the R word, which players have been advised is a no go zone.
    Who said it was the r word?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinsonWill View Post
    The club needs to stop being the AFL's servant, and stand up for itself. The current administration is weak and does whatever the AFL asks of it.
    This^^^

Its not just this situation but many others. Think back to Chris Grant being suspended in 1997. Why didn't we take this to court and fight it, we just rolled over and Chris missed the Brownlow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I love and respect my mum, but if someone made a comment about her on the football field I would just laugh at them. They don't know her. There is no truth to what they're saying.

The whole point of a sledge is to get inside the opponent's head. No wonder Danyle Pearce cant handle a tag, when he's so mentally weak he gets upset by a comment about his mum, by a man who clearly has never been involved with her.

The club did the right thing, given the AFL and media have gone with the more controversial story and condemned Will, but i find it all ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

All the actions of the AFL (which imposed it on the Bullies admin) and including the dumb precedent of McGinnity getting suspended a week last year prove is that if you are a mentally weak and average footballer who has a squeal, you will get your way!

I thought the Sherman situation was handled perfectly last year by all the parties involved. This time around, it is trial-by-media. How did it get out there?!?! I thought these matters were dealt with privately and if so, I seriously doubt a suspension would have been the outcome, given what was allegedly said.

Where do we draw the line? Seriously? I get upset if someone has a go at people from the western suburbs but can I then claim I was emotionally distraght and hence, the reason I retaliated physically?

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs continue to take it up the butt from all and sundry, perhaps Danyle Pearce's mother could be our next President?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I think Lantern that you and the others, who are bagging the club, should see Will's press conference/apology where he noticeably chokes up. He is deeply sorry and admitted he was in the wrong. The Club acted accordingly.
    Very good. I hope the club feels good about itself.

Meanwhile, the administration can stop wondering once and for all why we are hemorrhaging members and supporters at a time that every other Victorian club's membership numbers are rising.

The club, in its eagerness to please Big Brother, forgets far too easily that we are the reason the club exists. Not the AFL, not the players. We walk, it folds -- as simple as that. It doesn't matter what you think of Eddie, he never forgets that, so he's happy to piss everyone off to ensure that Collingwood fans and members are happy, and with that simple philosophy, turned around a basketcase and mobilised a massive dormant following. If you were a dormant Dogs supporter, why in the hell would you want to put your money with an organisation that stands for nothing except being pissweak?

Post Thanks / Like

Meanwhile, the administration can stop wondering once and for all why we are hemorrhaging members and supporters at a time that every other Victorian club's membership numbers are rising.

The club, in its eagerness to please Big Brother, forgets far too easily that we are the reason the club exists. Not the AFL, not the players. We walk, it folds -- as simple as that. It doesn't matter what you think of Eddie, he never forgets that, so he's happy to piss everyone off to ensure that Collingwood fans and members are happy, and with that simple philosophy, turned around a basketcase and mobilised a massive dormant following. If you were a dormant Dogs supporter, why in the hell would you want to put your money with an organisation that stands for nothing except being pissweak?
    Agree with this 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong. Eddie...Collingwood...have suspended their own players in Sharrod Wellingham, Alan Didak & Heath Shaw. He didn't ensure that the Collingwood fans were happy. In fact with the Shaw & Didak suspensions the Collingwood fans were ropeable.

Post Thanks / Like

This.

We rolled over like a dog because the AFL pushed us onto our back. Instead of standing up for ourselves and our employee, we condemned him and proved to the world we are a basket case.

Why didn't we take a shot at all these morons trying to run Minson into the ground? Scarlett is an angel? Lucy an intellectual beast? We let the world, and Port Adelaide, run Minson's name into the mud and that infuriates me.

By us saying nothing, all we did was side ourselves with them in pointing the finger at Minson and labelling him a terrible person.

No doubting we are piss weak when it comes to these off the field issues.