Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

I would suggest that Lucy Cornes wouldn't have written what she did if there wasn't prior bad blood between Minson and her family.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I would suggest that Lucy Cornes wouldn't have written what she did if there wasn't prior bad blood between Minson and her family.
    Didnt Lucy Cornes have a reputation as well? I can recall something from when a former Sth Australian was playing for us

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should ban wags from tweeting as well!

Post Thanks / Like

News flash - Fredi Kanoute seeking damages for loss of time for being mislead into reading an article about nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    News flash - Fredi Kanoute seeking damages for loss of time for being mislead into reading an article about nothing.
    Hahahah.. perhaps we could make that a class action!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    It may be an over reaction (am waiting to hear what was actually said before forming an opinion) but I am still disappointed that it brings our club into a bad light - again.
    I agree with this.

Disappointed in Will if this is the case.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

After a great win yesterday for us and hearing this about Minson is disappointing. I can't really say too much as I don't exactly know what he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I agree with this.

Disappointed in Will if this is the case.
    Same here.

He must have said something right off to get this response. Family, race and religion should be a no go zone when comes to sledging.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Same here.

He must have said something right off to get this response. Family, race and religion should be a no go zone when comes to sledging.
    I understand Race and Religion.
    Family not so sure.
    Can't you call someone a Mother F? or Mother wears army boots?
    Its a bit beyond a joke really.
    No surprise the player hasn't said anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I understand Race and Religion.
    Family not so sure.
    Can't you call someone a Mother F? or Mother wears army boots?
    Its a bit beyond a joke really.
    No surprise the player hasn't said anything.
    Obviously he didn't just use the garden variety mother insult(calling someone a Mofo hasn't really got anything to do with their actual mother) if he's getting this response, it seems like he may have over stepped the mark. To me family should be out of bounds as well
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson reckons Pearce's mother can't spell. I reckon he is right. Bloke doesn't even have a real name.

With regards to the historical comments and sour puss Lucy Cornes, if Graham did the right thing by the world and had his sons aborted, there'd be no issue. Honestly, Will manned up and apologised for a comment which was off but nothing in the grand scheme of anyone's lives, she should let it go.

I have no issue with sledging, despite the fact I rarely engaged in it myself as a player. If Will is happy to accept that people will think he is a prick and to cop a bit of biff now and then, he should keep right at it. He is doing it as a tactic to further the position of the team I follow, I'll continue to get around him. *assuming it is lawful. i.e. not racially vilifying etc etc

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what was actually said?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Obviously he didn't just use the garden variety mother insult if he's getting this response, it seems like he may have over stepped the mark. To me family should be out of bounds as well
    OK then what you can't make a comment if a guy is cross eyed, red headed or has a stupid hair cut.

I've got a loooong list of things that have said to me out on the field. My mother's been a naughty girl according to some players I played against. They're just words in the end. It all should stay on the field and shake your opponents hand when it's all over.

It's no surprise this has all come from Danyle Pearce who gets upset when his night light is turned off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Minson reckons Pearce's mother can't spell. I reckon he is right. Bloke doesn't even have a real name.

With regards to the historical comments and sour puss Lucy Cornes, if Graham did the right thing by the world and had his sons aborted, there'd be no issue. Honestly, Will manned up and apologised for a comment which was off but nothing in the grand scheme of anyone's lives, she should let it go.

I have no issue with sledging, despite the fact I rarely engaged in it myself as a player. If Will is happy to accept that people will think he is a prick and to cop a bit of biff now and then, he should keep right at it. He is doing it as a tactic to further the position of the team I follow, I'll continue to get around him. *assuming it is lawful. i.e. not racially vilifying etc etc
    this ^^
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.