Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Didnt Lucy Cornes have a reputation as well? I can recall something from when a former Sth Australian was playing for us
    Not that I can recall off the top of my head

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Cornes' Tweet was "U r an oxygen thief. Anytime you'd like to make an apology to my 5 yr old son, make it in the form of a donation to HeartKids SA"

IIRC correctly, Will already apologised for that gross error in judgment. If he repeated it (or similar) well, that's indefensible. But Lucy Cornes going into bat for another player? That's school yard stuff.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    OK then what you can't make a comment if a guy is cross eyed, red headed or has a stupid hair cut.

I've got a loooong list of things that have said to me out on the field. My mother's been a naughty girl according to some players I played against. They're just words in the end. It all should stay on the field and shake your opponents hand when it's all over.

It's no surprise this has all come from Danyle Pearce who gets upset when his night light is turned off.
    Fair enough, each to there own. I just think to get this reaction he may have said more than just the normal insult, time will tell I guess.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Not that I can recall off the top of my head
    Was she the one Mick Molloy had to apologise too?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Maybe they should ban wags from tweeting as well!
    Lucy is a radio announcer here as well. But knowing the Cornes family she wouldn't have said what she said as a journalist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Was she the one Mick Molloy had to apologise too?
    No. That was Graham Cornes' wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    OK then what you can't make a comment if a guy is cross eyed, red headed or has a stupid hair cut.

I've got a loooong list of things that have said to me out on the field. My mother's been a naughty girl according to some players I played against. They're just words in the end. It all should stay on the field and shake your opponents hand when it's all over.

It's no surprise this has all come from Danyle Pearce who gets upset when his night light is turned off.
    It's OK to sledge Rangas

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of when Rod Marsh welcomed Ian Botham to the crease with "how's your wife and my kids?"

Botham replied, "the wife's fine, but the kids are rtarded."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Obviously he didn't just use the garden variety mother insult(calling someone a Mofo hasn't really got anything to do with their actual mother) if he's getting this response, it seems like he may have over stepped the mark. To me family should be out of bounds as well
    Who knows what he said?
    I remember I got a mum sledge playing soccer. Maybe I was upset at the time but realised its was just a sledge. Thought it spurred me on to beat the player and win the game.
    Not sure how he could take it seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Who knows what he said?
    I remember I got a mum sledge playing soccer. Maybe I was upset at the time but realised its was just a sledge. Thought it spurred me on to beat the player and win the game.
    He is a weak character.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    This reminds me of when Rod Marsh welcomed Ian Botham to the crease with "how's your wife and my kids?"

Botham replied, "the wife's fine, but the kids are rtarded."
    Funny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Nothing screams unsophisticated trash quite like text speak.
    Once again emphasizes how many morons there are out there.

Just slander people this social networking.
    Someone should inform her it's ALLEGED he said these comments.
    Secondly if anything was uttered, what did he say?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Get prepared for the standard AFL response

Probably some sort of fine for Minno - that and probably be told to give Pearce a little cuddle
    Amazing the AFL allow a player to his hand stood on,yet this get's blown up to epic proportions

Post Thanks / Like

I understand Race and Religion.
    Family not so sure.
    I'm a white atheist with kids, and I can tell you I'd be more offended if you sledged me about my kids.
    Having said that I would like to think a true professional wouldn't be effected or put off their game by anything. So since we haven't heard from the Port player, maybe he is a pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows what he said?
    Chops, off topic, who did you play soccer with? I played at then George Cross, WestVale and did a preseason at Western Suburbs.