Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Disappointed with that honestly. I guess his comments from 5 years ago came back and bit him on the bum though. If Lucy didn't have an axe to grind this wouldn't have even made the headlines.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Situation now done and dusted. Let's hope the Media and the WAGS of the world get the message.

Post Thanks / Like

The assassination of Will and his character by media is the most disappointing and frustrating aspect of this case and before any findings on the matter have been reached, that he is a serial offender, a recidivist, has form, that he must be condemned etc etc.

For example, M Rucci writes,
    WESTERN Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson is being condemned by current and past players for taking sledging to a no-go zone - a rival's family.

AFL rivals yesterday described Minson as a serial sledger
    and yet provides one reference from Brad Ebert and then from the same jock
    Fellow Hall of Famer Robert Walls said: "Sledging family members is not acceptable. I don't like it. There are some things you can say but (family) is out of bounds."
    From Robert Walls of all people. Has the world gone mad.

It's all very well for the media puritans to condemn Will for his actions behind their battle regalia of a pen and paper but in his and Danyle's office the warfare is not only mentally demanding but physically intimidating and imposing. Lines will and do get crossed for fleeting moments in such a workplace.

Does anyone believe that Will would convey words or thoughts resembling what he has been alleged to have said outside of his weekend battleground ? Not a chance. What has been conveniently missed in all this tripe on his character is the other side of Will, that is, his ongoing work as a social advocate and ambassador. For those not familiar look up Red Dust Role Models and his work with the Club's chaplain, John Van Groningen.

Issues like these must and should be resolved through conciliation where possible rather than with a huge stick as the AFL and media would seem to prefer to wield to resolve such issues.

Please don't hang him out to dry in what likely was a few stupid and regretful words said in a pressure cooker environment that no AFL media expert like C Wilson, M Rucci, Hutchison, or P Smith would have any real appreciation of. The problem of course is that nothing sells more or generates more hits than controversy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The assassination of Will and his character by media is the most disappointing and frustrating aspect of this case and before any findings on the matter have been reached, that he is a serial offender, a recidivist, has form, that he must be condemned etc etc.

For example, M Rucci writes, and yet provides one reference from Brad Ebert and then from the same jock From Robert Walls of all people. Has the world gone mad.

It's all very well for the media puritans to condemn Will for his actions behind their battle regalia of a pen and paper but in his and Danyle's office the warfare is not only mentally demanding but physically intimidating and imposing. Lines will and do get crossed for fleeting moments in such a workplace.

Does anyone believe that Will would convey words or thoughts resembling what he has been alleged to have said outside of his weekend battleground ? Not a chance. What has been conveniently missed in all this tripe on his character is the other side of Will, that is, his ongoing work as a social advocate and ambassador. For those not familiar look up Red Dust Role Models and his work with the Club's chaplain, John Van Groningen.

Issues like these must be resolved through conciliation where possible rather than with a huge stick as the AFL and media would seem to prefer to wield to resolve an issue.

Please don't hang him out to dry in what likely was a few stupid and regretful words said in a pressure cooker environment that no AFL media expert like C Wilson, M Rucci, Hutchison, or P Smith would have any real appreciation of.
    Don't start me on P Smith. One time captain of Prahran Cricket Club and who, during a tough game against St Kilda called for valium to get him through it.

Soft as butter!!

By the way, excellent post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Does anyone believe that Will would convey words or thoughts resembling what he has been alleged to have said outside of his weekend battleground ?

Well it obviously is floating around in his brain somewhere

Put up your hand if you now suspect that Sherman is or was a Racist? I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Good article but I am not sure Pearce paid to see the Will Minson show when he laced his boots up so it is a tenuous connection at best in my humble opinion.

Oh it applies.
    It applies to everyday life, let alone on the football field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think it is political correctness gone mad but no matter what was said by Minno or Sherman the end results have been a whole lot of bad publicity for the club.

Would you deny that Chops?
    The end result isn't the same. 1 week compared to 4. Sherman was seen as an obvious idiot while Will said something silly.
    The club can defend Will while they couldnt to Sherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    If Minson gets any weeks I'm walking away from the game I had loved for decades, but have increasingly become disillusioned with. The straw that breaks the camel's back for me.
    I heard about Minno's week suspension about 15 minutes ago and these were exactly my first thoughts. The AFL and the Bulldogs have lost me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    The reporting of this is BS.
    Minson's sledge against Pearce's mum?
    Well the sledge is on Pearce not his mum. If he is bragging abour sleeping with his mum then I would think it was consential.
    Are you trying to look for loopholes? After the McGinnty suspension and his own poor comment to Kane Cornes he simply shouldn't have been mouthing off. I'm not sure why so many are condoning it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I have cleaned up a few posts. Please do not speculate on what else might have been said.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Well it obviously is floating around in his brain somewhere

Put up your hand if you now suspect that Sherman is or was a Racist? I do.
    Guilty of being brainless and that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Are you trying to look for loopholes? After the McGinnty suspension and his own poor comment to Kane Cornes he simply shouldn't have been mouthing off. I'm not sure why so many are condoning it.
    The comment was stupid and childish and that's it. Comments like this and worse would happen many times in 1 game alone. Maybe I'm old fashioned but ignoring or just stepping up a gear to rub it in your opponents face would be a better retort than lashing out at a Mumma joke. I do agree with the prior comments to Kane being his downfall, had nothing happened back then this would not have even been a headline and Will would have been lining up against Huddo Saturday.

I guess this is the world we live in now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No one has condoned it.
    It was silly and obviously just sledging.
    I don't see how a personal sledge is ok but one that's obviously a lie against your mum is wrong.
    Calling someone crap could hurt more.

Post Thanks / Like

So now we don't get to see the the apprentice line up against his master. That would've been a great battle. Hudson is a great one for on-field sledging. His mouth almost never stops moving during a game. Maybe he needs to run classes on what is appropriate or not as he hasn't been in trouble before... or has he????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Scray View Post
    So now we don't get to see the the apprentice line up against his master. That would've been a great battle. Hudson is a great one for on-field sledging. His mouth almost never stops moving during a game. Maybe he needs to run classes on what is appropriate or not as he hasn't been in trouble before... or has he????
    Haha Huddo certainly crosses the line of appropriateness. His sledges in Canberra can be heard by all and some of them were far worse than what Wil is alleged to have said.