Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Well it obviously is floating around in his brain somewhere

Put up your hand if you now suspect that Sherman is or was a Racist? I do.
    I am won't be putting up my hand. I just think he did a stupid thing and that is one area where sledging is a no go zone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Pearce should've taken the comment as a compliment.

According to my better half, Will is a bit of alright and is up near the top of her 'free hit' list.

Post Thanks / Like

Well once more the Club has towed the line and has done what the AFL asked it to do, even though yesterday there were reports that Minson thought what he said was different than what Pearce thought he said. I am sure if you ask Minson in private, he would say he did nothing wrong and that sledging happens all the time.

We move on and another player now gets the opportunity to get a game.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed an article got pulled from the afl website real quick in regards to Jesse Stringer and the cats "pondering" punishment.
    Ha!
    This is going to be hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Very dissappointed with this outcome ... I was really looking forward to Minson v The Beard.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I know a precedent has been set but gee whiz this gives me the shits. Will would be shattered I miss a week I'd imagine.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I know a precedent has been set but gee whiz this gives me the shits. Will would be shattered I miss a week I'd imagine.
    Should have copped a fine if he had to be punished, but missing a week for sledging gee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post

That about sums it up best

Post Thanks / Like

Don't hate the game, hate the player. Port is my new favorite team to dislike after this soft bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I've felt like this for a while.

My pup loves the Storm and I've been to a few games now, I'm enjoying it more than footy.
    Whilst I don't condone sledging, I guess I thought it still went on, and the players just took it on the chin, as they have done for many years.

For many reasons, I am feeling the same about AFL at the minute, and much prefer to watch Storm! Sad but true!

Post Thanks / Like

Who is at fault here?

Minson sledges Pearce in the heat of battle. Once upon a time, that's where it would have finished.

Pearce and Ebert, rather than dealing with this on the ground, make the matter public through the Twit of Lucy Cornes. The great man Graham Cornes supported by his mate Rucci jumo in and splash it everywhere.

Now the whole world knows what went on and many people are offended.

Who made the comment known to the offended?

Not Minson.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Really disappointed that the club hasn't gotten behind Will.

The club had the opportunity to back their player - but they rolled over. I can't believe the club has dished out a 'club suspension'.....we're playing for premiership points aren't we?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Really disappointed that the club hasn't gotten behind Will.

The club had the opportunity to back their player - but they rolled over. I can't believe the club has dished out a 'club suspension'.....we're playing for premiership points aren't we?
    Ozza, the Club may have felt it appropriate to get on the front foot and pass down a penalty before the AFL are ready to pass down its own judgement. Tactically not a bad move with the way the wind is blowing with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    To be fair I don't believe the AFL should punish someone until the legal process has concluded unless it is fact that that player has done something punishable eg the Geelong player carrying drugs.

As for Minson I will not accept this unless it turns out there was more to the story than we know. Otherwise the club is just going on previous form of rolling over, like the good doggies we are, for our AFL masters.