Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 14 - Other Matches

Its Multicultural round and we are back to a full round of games. Tonight is Carlton taking on Hawthorn to start Round 14.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 14 - Other Matches

Ist half observations
    Hawthorn murdering Carlton on the break and using their superior skills.
    Chef, what's happened to Andrew Walker? Can't get near it.
    Hawks struggling in the ruck and making Warnock look like Polly Farmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton pantsed
    Let the sack Ratten talkback marathon begin.
    Why is Bryce Gibbs still skunking around getting easy kicks?
    Should be a midfielder by now!They're playing ruckman as forwards ( sounds familiar)
    Not enough grunt in the lineup. What's happened to guys like Garlett?Yarran? Russell?

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of opposition supporters out there (including Carlton ones) were downplaying the Dogs' 3 consecutive PF's and rubbishing the fact that we couldn't even get to a GF. Carlton is proof of just how difficult it is to sustain a list to contend for multiple years, let alone get to a GF and somehow snag a premiership. Their window might well be as good as over before it even began, with 1 pissy finals win and no PF appearances to show for their troubles. They are a cautionary tale for the pro-tankers - they are teeming with #1 picks, not to mention poaching one of the best players of the modern era still in his prime, and yet they haven't got near the pointy end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested to see how Jordan Murdoch performs for Geelong. He played a blinder last week in the VFL and they have quickly promoted him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Carlton pantsed
    Let the sack Ratten talkback marathon begin.
    Why is Bryce Gibbs still skunking around getting easy kicks?
    Should be a midfielder by now!They're playing ruckman as forwards ( sounds familiar)
    Not enough grunt in the lineup. What's happened to guys like Garlett?Yarran? Russell?
    I read the below comment in the Age this morning and thought of what I've put in bold (and of course us)

Kreuzer is a No. 1 draft pick but Carlton cannot work out if he is a ruckman or a forward; on form at the moment, he is neither.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I read the below comment in the Age this morning and thought of what I've put in bold (and of course us)

Kreuzer is a No. 1 draft pick but Carlton cannot work out if he is a ruckman or a forward; on form at the moment, he is neither.
    Reminds me of Justin Harry Madden. lopes around looks stiff and awkward.
    Last edited by ledge; 30-06-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

I didn't watch much of the game last night but did switched it on for 10 minutes during the third quarter and there was some discussion about this. They were saying the trouble with a ruckman/forward like Kruezer is that he is not a natural forward and doesn't know where to lead and position himself. I guess we ear trying the same thing with Cordy but it will take a long time to coach him that way. Maybe Hally needs to be down there for some one on one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Plenty of opposition supporters out there (including Carlton ones) were downplaying the Dogs' 3 consecutive PF's and rubbishing the fact that we couldn't even get to a GF. Carlton is proof of just how difficult it is to sustain a list to contend for multiple years, let alone get to a GF and somehow snag a premiership. Their window might well be as good as over before it even began, with 1 pissy finals win and no PF appearances to show for their troubles. They are a cautionary tale for the pro-tankers - they are teeming with #1 picks, not to mention poaching one of the best players of the modern era still in his prime, and yet they haven't got near the pointy end of the season.
    I think they have won one out of the last 6 games, pretty poor effort. Time for a new coach.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in this. With all the talent at their disposal, as you hint, what are they doing wrong? Why does tanking not work? Some might point to Collingwood, West-coast and say it does. Is it a bad run of injuries? Poor coaching?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'm interested in this. With all the talent at their disposal, as you hint, what are they doing wrong? Why does tanking not work? Some might point to Collingwood, West-coast and say it does. Is it a bad run of injuries? Poor coaching?
    I think this sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think they have won one out of the last 6 games, pretty poor effort. Time for a new coach.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Good point, but you'd have to question the development of Carlton's list.
    Gibbs plays loose half back, Garlett, Betts and Yarran haven't developed into midfield roles.
    They've got one position players everywhere. Kruezer and Gibbs were touted by nearly all pundits to be number 1 picks.They've been hit miss at the trade table as well.
    McLean for a first rounder, picked up Lucas when they needed a key back( Tallia ).
    Shaun Grigg for Collins, did well with Laidlaw and Duigan

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, that's one that got away from Richmond .
    Looking good for ninth
    Watched Freo Pies, Freo look like a team caught between two game styles.
    The Flakey Freo way and the Lyon stoppage defensive slog.

Post Thanks / Like

North amazingly into the 8 as the are going to win. Brisbane not too far outside the 8 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Best game I've seen from Wells.
    Another Kosi classic 3 touches no kicks.
    Things change some things remain the same Capt Colapse gets a free cos' someone bumped himGoddard gave out a cheapie to young Wright.Stkilda on the slippery slope at a slower rate than us.