Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

who we could go after......

I just wanted to open this thread to discuss who you possibly think we could go after during the trade period.

A few names that come to my mind are:
    Courtney Johns
    Shannon Hurn
    Cam wood
    Kepler Bradley ( only because he was a highly rated youngster)
    Cleve hughes

any more players you might know of or opinions on the players listed above

Post Thanks / Like

Re: who we could go after......

To be honest I dont think we have a chance with the Hurn and Wood. Not a big fan of Johns, just doesnt seem to have a good football brain IMO and I can imagine him being rather injury prone.

Bradley I'm not interested in and I dont know too much about Hughes to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are chasing a tall capable of filling a few positions then Bradley 'might' come into calculations but only at a very cheap cost. If the Hudson trade gets over the line then it probably rules that one out.
    Hurn will not be leaving WA but if he did it would be more likely that he would head home to SA.
    Johns is not a player that I think would add any value to us.
    Cam Wood is a player we could try and get but won't come cheap and of course if the Hudson trade gets through it would be then unlikely we would trade for Wood.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't trade for too many players. I hope set a max on 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    I hope we don't trade for too many players. I hope set a max on 2.
    Just Hudson and Robertson then?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Im interested in Hudson & Fevola still, no-one has mentioned his named much lately - maybe because hes bound to goto WCE if Judd goes to Carlton?

We need a Ruckman & Forward. None of those players above interest me, same with Robertson, who i think has had his day. But hey thats just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

No-one's mentioned Fevola because he's about 99.9% certain to be playing for Carlton next year.

Ryan Murphy
    Courtney Johns
    Jay Schultz

It's a pretty meagre list.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond might choose to keep Shultz, if he plays well in todays VFL Grand Final

macca028 Guest

It would be better for the dogs to chase wood instead of hudson and the lions have plenty in their ruck stocks. How will wood get a game there when they have luenburger and charman.

I dont think we should touch robertson, not the player we need. He is another hit up player who can take a speccie, reminds me of robbins

We need a Big forward like kenny Mcgreggor from adelaide who i think has asked to be traded because they are not playing him. Although the dogs need an inside big tough midfielder i think that if cooney, griffen and boyd spend time in the gym over summer than they can fill this role.

Should be an interesting trade period

bomber_fan Guest

hey there doggie fans..
    just doing some browesing on opposition boards and reading your opinions on the trade and draft periods...

i think if the right deal was done that Courtney Johns could be of some benefit to you. He is a BIG boy and very strong and can take a good grab. He just isnt getting a game at essendon because of lloyd and lucas in his way.
    I think with a big pre-season he could be more than handy.

thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bomber_fan View Post
    hey there doggie fans..
    just doing some browesing on opposition boards and reading your opinions on the trade and draft periods...

i think if the right deal was done that Courtney Johns could be of some benefit to you. He is a BIG boy and very strong and can take a good grab. He just isnt getting a game at essendon because of lloyd and lucas in his way.

thoughts?
    He's utter crap, like most of the players opposition fans offer up.

I knew opposition fans would eventually find their way here, as long as they don't act like opposition fans somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bomber_fan View Post
    hey there doggie fans..

thoughts?
    Yes we lack some talls but what would Johns actually offer us?
    If he was the main focus he would cop the best defender from every other team and I'm afraid he would fall well short. He is also not really an option in the ruck even for just a 5 or 10 min burst.

A little to injury prone as well plus I don't think there is another level to extract out of him. How many project players from one team end up being a success at another? There would be a few but there would be vastly more failures.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What I do like about Johns is that he is aggressive which is something I think we could do with from a big forward. The fact that he is injury prone and has had pretty ordinary returns in his few games work against him. His vfl stats are not really impressive either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    What I do like about Johns is that he is aggressive which is something I think we could do with from a big forward. The fact that he is injury prone and has had pretty ordinary returns in his few games work against him. His vfl stats are not really impressive either.
    Would have been better to keep Walsh.

Post Thanks / Like

i think courtney johns could definetly add another dimension to our team, in that he is a big lead up forward who can take a good mark, and lets not forget he has only had 1 or 1 and 1/2 years of footy since his hip injury so, he is probably still building.