Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2007 Grand Final

Oh and BTW. A poster I know on another site who gets info from deep inside Geelong's fortress says that on saturday that Steven King was told

"He's been told not to drink or celebrate after todays VFL GF. I think he's in.

And I think we may have a shock inclusion, possibly a first gamer. Watch #18 today."
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

And I think we may have a shock inclusion, possibly a first gamer. Watch #18 today."
    Nathan Djerrkura, might need his pace against the Power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I just cant get interested. My only involvment will be to drop my dad off at the 'G. It's pure and utter envy on my part. I watch the teams run out and I am fuming already-I am fairly philisophical about sport mostly and am usually happy to see others doing well, but every grand final that passes without us is just another dagger in the heart for me.
    I couldn't agree more. I usually pick a team I would like not to win and thats about it. In this case, I think Geelong deserves to win as they have been the best team all year and I wouldn't like to see Port win.

Post Thanks / Like

This year will be the first time in four or five years that I'll be in Victoria for the GF.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ling will bounce back. He is a little bit slow for some of the roles he plays but he has got the job done on some quick players all year so I wont hang him after one game. He has towelled guys that are quicker than him all year in fact its actually been the slower guys like Swan and West (round 1) who have really gotten hold of him.

King will come in I think as others have suggested. I know 3 or 4 of the Geelong boys and the entire list including VFL players have been told they are welcome to hold off celebrations and join in training for the week then start again after the GF.

If Port dominate the stoppages then Geelong will be in strife. The cats run forward harder than any other side in the comp ( roll the dice as MJP said) but they have been able to do it for most of the season because not only have they dominated the contested ball and stoppages but they have had a brilliant back 6. Now that they have had the balance of that back 6 upset a little and are playing a side that is equally brilliant at the stoppages I think its going to be interesting if they get caught out a bit. Ottens is vital this week.

Just my gut but I think Scarlett will play on Tredrea and try to run him around. Harley might play on Motlop or Westhoff depending on who they want Milburn on. Thompson is certainly not scared to play Harley on smaller and quicker guys. Like the pies I think the power have the small forwards to upset the cats. They can split their leads up and make it hard for the cats to work together which is really their strength.

My tip would be to get on Port while they are at $2.90 but maybe thats more hopeful than anything as I am most definetly supporting the power this week. Will be watching it from the Gold Coast on my footy trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post

Just my gut but I think Scarlett will play on Tredrea and try to run him around. Harley might play on Motlop or Westhoff depending on who they want Milburn on. Thompson is certainly not scared to play Harley on smaller and quicker guys. Like the pies I think the power have the small forwards to upset the cats. They can split their leads up and make it hard for the cats to work together which is really their strength.
    Interesting DT

I hadn't even considered Harley for the Motlop role

Post Thanks / Like

He played on Johnson twice this year and was on Rusling and Medhurst at different stages the other night.

Is there a chance they might bring in Playfair who has been going well to do the job Egan was doing? Shattered for Egan who has now been ruled out. Genuinely nice guy and to go from Oak Park to AA chb in 4 or 5 years is a fantastic effort. Deserves a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, were we the only team this year to beat both the grand finalists?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    He played on Johnson twice this year and was on Rusling and Medhurst at different stages the other night.

Is there a chance they might bring in Playfair who has been going well to do the job Egan was doing? Shattered for Egan who has now been ruled out. Genuinely nice guy and to go from Oak Park to AA chb in 4 or 5 years is a fantastic effort. Deserves a flag.
    Rusling and Medhurst aren't anywhere near as dangerous on the ground as Motlop though, but you could well be right

I see Playfair as no chance - I dont think they will look to add a tall to their structure, just cant see it

Doggies Guest

Geelong by 16 points with Steve Johnson Norm Smith Medallist.
    Bookmark it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    BTW, were we the only team this year to beat both the grand finalists?
    Shows something doesn't it, I am under no illusion about how badly we played at the end of the year - but steadfastly believe it can be turned around with a grueling summer of work. Most of our team is still on the up and our middle group will be better for the experience and being injury free (Murphy and Hahn).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting stronger and stronger about Port.

Watching the two coaches last night on TFS Williams was relexad and looking forward to it. Thompson looked like he'd last slept a week or so ago and even my mum picked up on the fact he looked like he could hardly wait for it to be over.

Also I've driven through Geelong twice since yesterday and the place is completely off tap. Signs everywhere, flags on cars-Im so jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

Williams is the best coach going around atm, imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Williams is the best coach going around atm, imo.

During the grand final presser just now he heard one of the dictaphones in front of him click. He picked it up, turned the tape over, pressed record, put it back in front of him and then gave the journos a thumbs up. He continuinly baited Thompson who would only say "Im not going to take the bait". Port are either going to win or theyre just over here for the party and will lose by twenty goals.

I think they'll win and I'm off to the TAB.

Post Thanks / Like

After thinking long and hard about it I've come to the following conclusion. I am taking the selfish approach in thinking that if we have to wait 53 years + to see our side win one then every other long suffering fan (Geelong, Melbourne, St.Kilda) can bloody well wait too..

GO PORT...