Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We're not rebuilding: Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Why?

Speaking for myself and a few other Bulldogs members/ supporters I know we all invested a lot of time and energy into supporting the team through the period mentioned. Getting so close to the ultimate glory has left a hollow pit in the stomach which makes backing up tougher and tougher... The last 18 months has been tough and with the last 6 to 8 weeks even worse many are finding it hard to condure up the energy to go again.
    Fair enough. Bmac said he has not seen grown men so traumatized as when we lost the last prelim to Adelaide.

My support for the Bulldogs is not contingent on success or failure. As long as there are quality people at the club who give their very best ( as in the song ) and wear the jumper with pride, I'm in.
    Doesn't mean I'm passive. If there is another capitulation this season I'm going into overdrive letter writing and calling mode. Not good enough! woof.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 26-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Why?

Speaking for myself and a few other Bulldogs members/ supporters I know we all invested a lot of time and energy into supporting the team through the period mentioned. Getting so close to the ultimate glory has left a hollow pit in the stomach which makes backing up tougher and tougher... The last 18 months has been tough and with the last 6 to 8 weeks even worse many are finding it hard to condure up the energy to go again.
    Why? Because it's better than the alternative.

If we don't go to games, and wallow in a self perpetuating cycle of despair and pick apart every little thing we don't agree with in such early stages of a rebuild/refresh/redevelopment/realignment or whatever you want to call it things won't get better for us as supporters, and they certainly won't get better for the club.

Anwyway Mantis, I'm not going to tell you and others how to support the club, it's just my view.

Post Thanks / Like

re-activated, re-addressed, re-adjust, re-adopt, re-affirm, re-align, realistic, re-analyse, re-apply, re-arrange, re-articulate, re-assess, re-awake, re-balance, re-boot, re-born, re-brand, re-breed, re-calculate, re-calibrate, re-circulate, re-claim, re-classify, re-commence, re-compose, re-concentrate, re-conceptualise, re-concile, re-condition, re-configure, re-connect, re-conquer, re-consider, re-consolidate, re-construct, re-constitute, re-convene, re-cook, re-coup, re-cover, re-concentrate, re-cycle, re-define, re-deliver, re-deploy, re-determine, re-discover, re-do, re-educate, re-embark, re-emerge, re-emphasise, re-establish, re-evaluate, re-examine, re-face, re-fashion, re-figure, re-float, re-focus, re-form, re-format, re-formulate, re-furbish, re-gather, re-generate, re-group, re-grow, re-gurgitate, re-habilitate, re-hash, re-heat, re-hydrate, re-ignite, re-image, re-incarnate, re-invent, re-juvinate, re-kindle, re-label, re-load, re-manufacture, re-mount, re-name ...

Whatever you want to call it, just re-member to re-frain from calling it a re-build or it will be re-buked, re-fused, and re-jected !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

You left out restump.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Anwyway Mantis, I'm not going to tell you and others how to support the club, it's just my view.
    I will support them through thick and thin as I always have. As Mantis says its hard having come off some good years under Rocket, but we have to accept the situation if we love our club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I will support them through thick and thin as I always have. As Mantis says its hard having come off some good years under Rocket, but we have to accept the situation if we love our club.
    I understand that.

It sucks that I've experienced the let down of 85 (though, was quite young), 92, 97-99 and 08-10, though my disappointment would be dwarfed by many of our supporters and WOOF contirbutors as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I understand that.

It sucks that I've experienced the let down of 85 (though, was quite young), 92, 97-99 and 08-10, though my disappointment would be dwarfed by many of our supporters and WOOF contirbutors as well.
    Well prior to 1985, the first time I saw the dogs in a final was 1974 and then 76 (prior was 61 but I was only 5 then). We then had a drought to 1985.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.