Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perseverance pays off for young Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    2 ruckman have been locked up on long term contracts. So that leaves Campbell and Minson without a contract at this stage.................
    Once we develop Roughead and Cordy you will be looking for a trade won't you
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Cordy gets 3 years.....well done Ayce, nicely scored.

Am I alone in wondering why we needed to give him 3 years?
    I would see him as the ruck understudy to Minson and Roughead with Roughy and Ayce eventually becoming our two senior ruckmen. I would have little confidence in Cordy making it as a key forward as his build and size is better suited as a ruckman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I'm not sure the coach sees them as ruckmen.

I believe he is very keen on Campbell to be the one to eventually take on the main ruck role.

Roughead and Cordy are seen as key position players who can give ruck relief.
    You would hope not.

If they are not both seen as ruckman who can pinch hit in over positions by Macca, then I'm pretty scared for the future.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Seems like cynicism and negativity is trending strongly at present on WOOF.
    Is it ever! I fear if our new draftees next season don't begin their careers Chris Judd like ,there wil be question marks on there recruitment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    +1. There seems to be a blind perseverance that the tall forwards we are playing will make it, which may be reflected with our draft picks.

I still don't understand why we promoted Panos yet never play him. And I'd like to see Hill get a run before the end of the year.
    It's called patience . Luke Darcy is a perfect example, he ran around like a baby giraffe for about 5 years . I tend to think with Panos and Hill it's the work when they haven't got the ball that is holding them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Once we develop Roughead and Cordy you will be looking for a trade won't you
    I get it, you are half having a go, half joking.
    If they become A graders, I will not be calling for th.em to be traded

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I get it, you are half having a go, half joking.
    If they become A graders, I will not be calling for th.em to be traded
    it was a joke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Cordy as the second tall forward who can ruck. While Roughead is the pure ruckman of the two.

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting from Cordy long term. For mine, I'm confident that when he reaches his mid twenties he'll be good for two to three goals a game, and will be able to relieve in the ruck as well.

Any more than that would be a bonus, and as you can see with Collingwood's recent years, there's a big difference between their current structure with Dawes struggling, compared to when they had either Dawes or Brown kicking a couple and helping out in other areas.

I think people need to adjust their expectations of Cordy, and realise he's only a couple of preseasons and body weight away from being a solid contributor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Cordy gets 3 years.....well done Ayce, nicely scored.

Am I alone in wondering why we needed to give him 3 years?
    I think 2 might have been better but early next year will determine if we have got a good deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think 2 might have been better but early next year will determine if we have got a good deal.
    This.

Personally I think 3 years is silly given he has shown little, regardless of injuries/development etc. The reality is, he hasn't shown a lot at either level yet.

Two years would have sufficed.

I do agree on three for Roughy. I think he'll be the pick of the lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I see Cordy as the second tall forward who can ruck. While Roughead is the pure ruckman of the two.

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting from Cordy long term. For mine, I'm confident that when he reaches his mid twenties he'll be good for two to three goals a game, and will be able to relieve in the ruck as well.

Any more than that would be a bonus, and as you can see with Collingwood's recent years, there's a big difference between their current structure with Dawes struggling, compared to when they had either Dawes or Brown kicking a couple and helping out in other areas.

I think people need to adjust their expectations of Cordy, and realise he's only a couple of preseasons and body weight away from being a solid contributor.
    I agree with you.

While he has struggled at times this year, he has also shown a bit.

Can take a good grab and has good hands at ground level as well. He just needs to learn about making position and perhaps to really demand the ball on the lead to be a good contributor.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This.

Personally I think 3 years is silly given he has shown little, regardless of injuries/development etc. The reality is, he hasn't shown a lot at either level yet.

I know its only opinion, but my vote would be Cordy to be better than Roughy in the long term.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I agree with you.

While he has struggled at times this year, he has also shown a bit.

Can take a good grab and has good hands at ground level as well. He just needs to learn about making position and perhaps to really demand the ball on the lead to be a good contributor.
    A lot of the positioning and leading will become easier when we move the ball forward decisively on a consistent basis. I've said this throughout the year when talking about Gia and Higgins, but I'd hate to be trying to get a kick, let alone take a mark and kick a goal in our forward line right now.

Agree with you he has a lot to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This.

For the record, I'd have given two to each of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    For the record, I'd have given two to each of them.
    Agree would have gone with 2 for all 3.