Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dennis cometti

Post Thanks / Like

dennis cometti

Did anyone see him on the brownlow? What a wanker! What a BIG HEAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dennis cometti

1) the way he stood
    2) his swagger
    3)the montage of his contrived 'one liners'
    4)his back slapping off bruce at the end
    ps. his reason for why paul medhurst has improved his marking in melbourne last friday night was a new low for dennis
    thoughts? did dennis wear a helmet, u got anything interesting to add?

Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference, but i do not like Dennis Commetti,. I don't like the way he calls football, I don't like the sound of his voice. In fact, there aren't too many on TV that call footy that I like. I prefer to listen to 774 ABC, they have produced some really great callers (except Dan).

Jerry, you didn't put it in a nice way but tend to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was too contrived last night. Dennis is much better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

We'd like to keep this place civil and avoid slanging matches and deleting posts.

If you have concerns over a post, please report it - that's what Moderators are for.

We'll deal with it.

Thank you.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually a fan of Commetti and think him and McAveny have the basis for a good to very good team. Just can't stand Schwartz, think Watson is poor and Olernshaw has really struggled as well.

I chuckle at a lot of Deniss' one-liners but did think he struggled a bit with the retirement section last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought for a moment we were on bigfooty.....

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis Cometti, being an ex-Footscray player and having played in the same team as greats such as Ted Whitten, it should be your duty to at the worst just ignore him if you don't like him, but definately no slagging off.

After saying that, I like him because he is clever. The best caller in football ever.

Post Thanks / Like

I like him as well although he can push the edges with me a bit.

I didn't watch the brownlow so I 'm not sure what he did but he is a good football caller.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis' calling this year hasn't been the best. Some inaccurate calling which i don't really recall from him in previous years. However I do like the fact that he doesn't take it all too seriously. He's entertaining without being "Rex Hunt" over the top. Nothing anybody does on the Brownlow should be taken into account, it's a horrible unentertaining event and all the "entertainment" is horribly forced.

As for Channel 7's coverage this year. Awful. Schwarz is obvious and doesn't appear to think about what he says. Watson is marginally better. Olarenshaw looks like a large dog is sniffing at his crotch in a menacing fashion off camera. Bruce is wetter than ever.

However to put this into context I have to confess I'm in love with Gerard Whately and everything he says.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dennis' calling this year hasn't been the best. Some inaccurate calling which i don't really recall from him in previous years. However I do like the fact that he doesn't take it all too seriously. He's entertaining without being "Rex Hunt" over the top. Nothing anybody does on the Brownlow should be taken into account, it's a horrible unentertaining event and all the "entertainment" is horribly forced.

As for Channel 7's coverage this year. Awful. Schwarz is obvious and doesn't appear to think about what he says. Watson is marginally better. Olarenshaw looks like a large dog is sniffing at his crotch in a menacing fashion off camera. Bruce is wetter than ever.

However to put this into context I have to confess I'm in love with Gerard Whately and everything he says.
    Well summed up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Well summed up
    I was bound to nail one eventually
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I quite like Dennis, although I've found that Channel 7 tend to talk about random football facts throughout the game rather than actually calling the game, it would be good if they all finished off their call rather than talking about next week or who's on tomorrow or whatever, even though the game is over sometimes with 10 minutes to go I still enjoy watching the match (unless it's us losing) and hearing about it.

I didn't enjoy the Retirement part of the Brownlows, there are so many retirees this year and to single out those 4, while champions, was a bit of a slap in the face to the others, they could have at least mentioned them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dales.girl38 View Post
    I didn't enjoy the Retirement part of the Brownlows, there are so many retirees this year and to single out those 4, while champions, was a bit of a slap in the face to the others, they could have at least mentioned them.
    yes I agree, it makes you sick when the media darlings are always up there.

macca028 Guest

Dennis is good, but was better on nine. Bruce has brought him down this year as they are to much alike and bruce just keeps repeating his one liners that we are already sick of like ssssssppppppeeeeeccccciiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaalllllll. Schwarz is better on SEN