Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dennis cometti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dennis cometti

Quote Originally Posted by macca028 View Post
    Dennis is good, but was better on nine. Bruce has brought him down this year as they to much alike. Schwarz is better on SEN
    I think you are probably right there. Dennis was better on 9. I don't mind listening to the Ox as I'm driving home. I get sick of all those happy birthday Ox calls though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I try to go to most Friday games, so am rarely faced with the whole Cometti/Bruce duo...when I have heard them, I haven't really minded them all that much...I certainly prefer them to Tim Lane (terribly biased), Michael Christian and Brian Taylor. The problem with 7's coverage was the same problem the channel 9 team had last year and the same problem channel 10 continues to have - the special comments team.

When I watched 7's coverage, the constant flip-flopping between Schwarz and Watson on struck me as a producer having two guys who aren't quite good enough to be on, and not of one with two guys so good they demand screen time.

The less said about the likes of Walls, Voss and Darcy the better.

I really wish the networks would stop recruiting names and get some people involved who have some talent for it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I really wish the networks would stop recruiting names and get some people involved who have some talent for it...
    Yes. Calling sport is an art and most footballers can't string 2 words together. Why does every commentator have to be an ex-footballer, its about describing the play and adding to the TV pictures. There should only be 1 special comments guy and thats the place for most former footballers.