Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs forward Luke Dahlhaus out for season

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Some strong leadership from the Club's head honcho's might go down well at the moment.
    Come out strong and dispell any rumours.
    As much as it's needed and would be great, that isn't likely to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ex-AFL coach Denis Pagan once said, “Never argue with a fool for too long, after a while no-one can tell the difference.”*! It’s good advice.*! You can waste a lot of energy trying to defend yourself against people who want to bring you down.*! It rarely helps, so just keep focussing on doing great work.

Not my words. Copied from random web page but makes sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    As much as it's needed and would be great, that isn't likely to happen.
    It's not needed. Aker is an idiot and not relevant. You don't respond to his type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Ex-AFL coach Denis Pagan once said, “Never argue with a fool for too long, after a while no-one can tell the difference.”*! It’s good advice.*! You can waste a lot of energy trying to defend yourself against people who want to bring you down.*! It rarely helps, so just keep focussing on doing great work.

Not my words. Copied from random web page but makes sense to me.

What Pagan said was "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" and it's good advice in this situation. Let Aker delve down into the cesspool all by himself.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What Pagan said was "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" and it's good advice in this situation. Let Aker delve down into the cesspool all by himself.
    Not to be condratictory Twodogs but I saw Pagan use the fools line on Open Mike hence why I dug it up. Doesn't really matter either way as it seems we both agree on the intent.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be condratictory Twodogs but I saw Pagan use the fools line on Open Mike hence why I dug it up. Doesn't really matter either way as it seems we both agree on the intent.

Pagan may have used it, but he borrowed it from someone else.

1.Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

2.Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

3.Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

When he was coaching Yarraville in the VFA in the early '80s I heard him tell the players they were playing like "Cowboys with pineapples in their heads." I've never understood what that meant!

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Pagan may have used it, but he borrowed it from someone else.

1.Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

2.Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

3.Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Please tell me you googled at least one of those. I especially like the one from proverbs.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.