Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong upgraded to the Senior List

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hooper is playing
    Is that confirmed?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    If Hoops gets selected in the 22 this afternoon, and he plays a blinder against the Tiges (3 - 5 crumbing goals, some good tackles and pressure) do we offer him another contract?
    One decent game in the seniors for the entire year?? Stretch!!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

If Hoops gets selected in the 22 this afternoon, and he plays a blinder against the Tiges (3 - 5 crumbing goals, some good tackles and pressure) do we offer him another contract?
    We gave him a 2yr contract after a 5 touch, 0 tackle & 1 goal (from a dodgy free kick) game so if we are going on precedence he will be given a 5yr contract if he does what you suggest.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive said a number of times but I really hope Matthew Panos get a game before the season is out. Some posters say he could even be delisted.

Post Thanks / Like

No, though I think it should be enough for him to be given opportunities to play out the season.

If he maintains a high level through a good work rate and performs at a higher level than he's shown he can in the past then he might get another year.

Some folk around here would be unhappy, not saying I'd be too chuffed, but if he performs then he's deserved his spot.

Can't see it happening though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We gave him a 2yr contract after a 5 touch, 0 tackle & 1 goal (from a dodgy free kick) game so if we are going on precedence he will be given a 5yr contract if he does what you suggest.
    And that goal had an auskick amount of velocity on it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ive said a number of times but I really hope Matthew Panos get a game before the season is out. Some posters say he could even be delisted.
    Actually, I said he should be delisted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    No, though I think it should be enough for him to be given opportunities to play out the season.

If he maintains a high level through a good work rate and performs at a higher level than he's shown he can in the past then he might get another year.

Some folk around here would be unhappy, not saying I'd be too chuffed, but if he performs then he's deserved his spot.

Can't see it happening though.
    The guy has had 2 years to prove his worth and trying to save his arse with hard work in what has become junk time is something that should be frowned upon.

Hasta Luego....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The guy has had 2 years to prove his worth and trying to save his arse with hard work in what has become junk time is something that should be frowned upon.

Hasta Luego....
    Hampered by OP over the course of the preseason.

Irrespective of that, I tend to agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hampered by OP over the course of the preseason.

Irrespective of that, I tend to agree with you.
    Yep.... Anyway hi-jacked this thread enough.

Good luck to Lin... 50 bonus pts for the poster who can come up with the best nick-name paying homage to the flog that was Kim Jong-il..... Yep, anything to draw attention away from how bad a season we are having.

Post Thanks / Like

Ling Jong Ill?

Can't help but think of Team America. Me so ronery...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Like many was a little suprised Jong got the call up, but pleasantly suprised with what he's shown in his few games, obviously needs to tidy up the kicking somewhat, but certainly goes in hard and puts his body on the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Like many was a little suprised Jong got the call up, but pleasantly suprised with what he's shown in his few games, obviously needs to tidy up the kicking somewhat, but certainly goes in hard and puts his body on the line.
    From what I've seen he appears to have a great running capacity and ability to get where the ball is. That's not a bad start. He also has a pretty strong frame and leg size. He could end up a pretty powerful unit.

Needs to spend the entire pre-season on an intensive program to improve his kicking penetration.

Post Thanks / Like

The human is suitable for upgrading.