Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Out of bounds, out of my mind

A well umpired games is one that you don't notice the umpires
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer too few frees to be paid than too many if I had to choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me clarify my earlier post.

I don't blame the umpires at all. I do blame the twit that runs them - Geishen. Failed as a player, failed as a coach and an epic fail as umpires adviser. Mostly I blame Bartlett and his idiot mates that feel they have to change 5 rules a year.

The game has become un-umpirable. There are probably a dozen rules (or interpretations of rules) that are to the detriment of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Let me clarify my earlier post.

I don't blame the umpires at all. I do blame the twit that runs them - Geishen. Failed as a player, failed as a coach and an epic fail as umpires adviser. Mostly I blame Bartlett and his idiot mates that feel they have to change 5 rules a year.

The game has become un-umpirable. There are probably a dozen rules (or interpretations of rules) that are to the detriment of the game.
    Yes I don't blame the umpires either. Its impossible now to umpire because every time a player touches another, the umpire is compelled to blow the whistle because of the rules. He has to judge whether the hand was over the shoulder, or did the player touch his back, or did he chop the arms or just spoil the ball, did he deliberately hit the ball over the boundary or was he genuinely going for the ball and it slipped etc etc.

You have to be superman with razor ( ) , sharp eyes. I blame the AFL, and their stupid little rules committee. If you listen to Bartlett in the morning it will turn you off football for life,
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes I don't blame the umpires either. Its impossible now to umpire because every time a player touches another, the umpire is compelled to blow the whistle because of the rules. He has to judge whether the hand was over the shoulder, or did the player touch his back, or did he chop the arms or just spoil the ball, did he deliberately hit the ball over the boundary or was he genuinely going for the ball and it slipped etc etc.

You have to be superman with razor ( ) , sharp eyes. I blame the AFL, and their stupid little rules committee. If you listen to Bartlett in the morning it will turn you off football for life,
    Their pre-occupation with helping forwards score* has rendered defenders impotent.

In a marking contest a defender can't chop the arms or rest his hand on the back. He can't block the forwards run at the ball.

If he does manage to spoil, when the ball hits the ground he can't dive on the ball, he can't rush a point, he can't hit the boundary.

Seeing there is bugger all left for a defender to do to stiop his opponent, of course coaches are going to drop blokes back to help out the backline!

The rules committee have made sure flooding/zones are here to stay!

*I believe this has been driven by TV stations wanting more goals. More goals = more ads = more cash.