Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  189
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrad Grant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jarrad Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    He is 6 foot 5 and built like a whippet. I hate to say it but he needs time. As long as his attitude is ok I would stick with him. He has match winning potential.
    He's 6 foot 3 and a bit.....but agree with everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I think the biggest problem for Grant is that his biggest whipping boy seems to be the coach
    A bit tough to blame BMcC. Grant's inconsistent performances were already in evidence under Rodney Eade. This is another example of an early draft pick not being able to adjust to the rigors of our modern day game. Dahlhaus and Dickson playing in a similar position to Grant have been far more effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    A bit tough to blame BMcC. Grant's inconsistent performances were already in evidence under Rodney Eade. This is another example of an early draft pick not being able to adjust to the rigors of our modern day game. Dahlhaus and Dickson playing in a similar position to Grant have been far more effective.
    He would be much better in a team with a decent forward. Barry took a lot of the heat off him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see this guy traded. Attitude seems to really stink from a distance

Post Thanks / Like

I have the complete opposite view. I think he will come good and be an exceptional player. I haven't seen anything wrong with his attitude.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I have the complete opposite view. I think he will come good and be an exceptional player. I haven't seen anything wrong with his attitude.
    I agree. I think Grant (and Higgins for that matter) are the sort of players you trade in, not out.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Jarrad Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I agree. I think Grant (and Higgins for that matter) are the sort of players you trade in, not out.
    If only we could 'trade them in'. We might be able to resurrect their careers

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of Brennan for GC. A big tease but never delivers consistantly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with his body type. He has a good athletic build. However, this is his 3rd or 4th full season and he can't keep a place in a struggling side. His kicking for goal is awful, especially from set shots and it has not improved in his 50 odd games for us. He goes missing a heck of a lot and appears disinterested in the defensive aspects of the game. As a forward he likes the speccy too much doesn't lead enough. As a backman he is too loose. He was a number 5 draft pick. Sorry, but I think we should trade him for whatever we can get. Pick 50 will do. Pick 30 would be about as much as you could hope for given his deficiencies and track record.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I would trade them both. I'm sick of the teasing aspects of their games. It's always just a tease on what they could be. Had enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staggered Grant is getting praise from some of our supporters from the weekend. I though he was slaughtered, and watching the replay today confirmed that view. Grant played most of the match on Edwards, who kicked 4 goals and could easily have kicked 8 if not for some pretty simple misses. Edwards also had 22 possessions as opposed to Grant's 17.

If more players had've played to Grant's level on the weekend we could easily have lost by 170. McCartney also ripped into him just before halftime for his lack of competitiveness in a couple of contests. I would be surprised if he manages to keep his place in the team this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I would trade them both. I'm sick of the teasing aspects of their games. It's always just a tease on what they could be. Had enough.
    All the way with you F'scary. He's been at our club for how many years now?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose - its glass half full vs half empty - I look at what he does do and see thats more than what a lot of other players can do, but youre looking at what he doesnt do and seeing its not up to standard.

Skinner is like that too, but even more so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    I suppose - its glass half full vs half empty - I look at what he does do and see thats more than what a lot of other players can do, but youre looking at what he doesnt do and seeing its not up to standard.

Skinner is like that too, but even more so.
    How long has he been in the system V Grant? poor comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    How long has he been in the system V Grant? poor comparison.
    Skinner has not shown a quarter of what Grant has.