Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  189
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Jarrad Grant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jarrad Grant

I'm disappointed in a fashion as I thought Jarrad might finally be starting to show some return (aside from the end of 2013 form explosion). However I do think that with the role he finished up playing that a McLean, Daniel or Dale could quite easily play the same role to largely the same effect if not better in the long term.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't think we saw his best. If only he didn't have a brain, I think his body could kick those goals. I saw him at preseason training was it '14 or '13? kick to kick to and from goal. Grant was taking all the marks, was clearly the dominant mark out there and was slotting the goals. I think he underperformed in these skills and his goal kicking became a nut case.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Farewell Spindles. I enjoyed seeing you play. When you got it right it was great - a cracking one grab mark, the chase down tackles, the clever handballs and the odd goal. Those 5 against Essendon will not be forgotten. Good luck and thanks for your efforts in the red white and blue - 80 odd games is more than I'll ever play. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    Farewell Spindles. I enjoyed seeing you play. When you got it right it was great - a cracking one grab mark, the chase down tackles, the clever handballs and the odd goal. Those 5 against Essendon will not be forgotten. Good luck and thanks for your efforts in the red white and blue - 80 odd games is more than I'll ever play. Congratulations.
    You already forgot, it was 6
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You already forgot, it was 6
    His game against Carlton a few weeks earlier was even better. Kicked 4 goals from memory but was in everything - probably his most complete AFL game.

Shame his AFL career looks over. His best is clearly AFL standard but he does flash in and out of games too much for a player in the system as long as he's been. I was in the 'keep him for another year' camp but I do understand the rationale for not doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    His game against Carlton a few weeks earlier was even better. Kicked 4 goals from memory but was in everything - probably his most complete AFL game.
    I think you might be remembering a game from a few years later, maybe 2013.

In 2010 he kicked 1 goal from 12 touches against Carlton in a thumping win. Hall kicked 6.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I think you might be remembering a game from a few years later, maybe 2013.

In 2010 he kicked 1 goal from 12 touches against Carlton in a thumping win. Hall kicked 6.
    Yep, definitely the 2013 game at Etihad (late in the season when we won a few and then stupidly extended McCartney's contract). Easily his best AFL game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, definitely the 2013 game at Etihad (late in the season when we won a few and then stupidly extended McCartney's contract). Easily his best AFL game.
    So its Grants fault we extended BMacs contract, should of got rid of him earlier then.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Clayton not ready to admit defeat yet!

Delisted Dog Jarrad Grant on Suns' radar

GOLD Coast has turned its attention to former Western Bulldogs forward Jarrad Grant as the Suns looks to add a versatile forward to their set-up.

The Dogs did not offer the 26-year-old free agent a contract despite him playing 19 games in 2015 and he was officially delisted after last week's trade period.

Grant is due back from overseas later this week but AFL.com.au understands Suns officials have been in discussions around potentially acquiring Grant who is now a delisted free agent.

The Suns made a strong play this year for former Demon Jeremy Howe, who eventually decided to stay in Victoria and join Collingwood, and then made a bid for Carlton's Andrejs Everitt on the final day of the NAB AFL Trade period.

Grant, who was selected with pick No.5 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft, played 81 games for the Bulldogs after making his debut in 2009 under current Suns coach Rodney Eade.

He played three seasons under Eade and kicked 45 goals in 36 games in 2010 and 2011 before Eade was replaced.

Grant struggled for consistency after Eade left, performing well in patches but being guilty of drifting in and out of games at times.

He has pace, is smart with the ball in hands and provides an x-factor when at his best.

He averaged 14 disposals a game and took 16 marks inside 50 in 2015 and was considered unlucky to be delisted. He also played in Footscray's 2014 VFL premiership team.

The Suns managed to acquire experienced West Coast midfielder Matt Rosa and North Melbourne ruckman Daniel Currie during the trade period as well as set themselves up for the next two drafts with early picks.

The delisted free agency period opens on Saturday.

11. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Jarrad, I hope you get another chance.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Ideal scenario for him. I think he could make a go of it and hope that he does.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they pick him up and I hope he does well.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not going to be great watching him run out in Suns colours against us. But otherwise, I hope the best for the rest of his career.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

18. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    It is not going to be great watching him run out in Suns colours against us
    Time to update your signature then

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Clayton not ready to admit defeat yet!
    Haha, we should have known they would be interested
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff