Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MRP - Hargrave one week.

Ryan Hargrave, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a level three striking offence against Daniel Jackson, Richmond, during the third quarter of the Round 20 match between the Western Bulldogs and Richmond, played at the MCG on Sunday August 12, 2012.

Contact between the Western Bulldogs’ Liam Picken and Richmond’s Brett Deledio from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Picken tackles Deledio and locks both of the Richmond player’s arms as he starts to take him to ground. As Deledio is going to ground, he attempts to kick the ball. A free kick was paid for an illegal tackle and it was the view of the panel the free kick was appropriate and the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP - Hargrave one week.

What about Picken nearly having his head taken off by Mcguane. (or was it Tuck?)

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed that Joel Selwood copped 1 week by the MRP for pushing his brother after their fierce contest. Apparently you're not permitted to touch a player who may be injured. Ok so with this in mind what happened to Jake King pushing Hargrave with the same level of force after Ryan was lying on his back in considerable pain after a contest ? Nothing of course. The MRP if nothing else are consistent with their inconsistencies.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that act by King to Shaggy very poor from the little prick King gee i hate that guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    I saw that act by King to Shaggy very poor from the little prick King gee i hate that guy
    Did you see the act that lead to this incident?... Obviously the MRP didn't as 1 week was rather lenient.

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Lake to Cause him to double over in pain after taking a mark in the last quarter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    What happened to Lake to Cause him to double over in pain after taking a mark in the last quarter?
    He got a punch in the stomach. I think it was Morris that whacked him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Did you see the act that lead to this incident?... Obviously the MRP didn't as 1 week was rather lenient.
    What did that incident have to do with Jake King ? The incident you refer to sometime earlier was between Jackson and Hargrave. Hargrave may or may not have got off lightly but this doesn't excuse King's later and separate act particularly in light of Selwood's MRP charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs defender Ryan Hargrave will miss this week’s clash against Sydney after accepting a one-match ban for striking Richmond’s Daniel Jackson on Sunday.

Hargrave was charged with a Level Three striking charge in the third quarter of the loss to Richmond at the MCG, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction.

An early plea reduced the sanction to one match.

The 203 game veteran finished the game with 15 possessions and two marks.

In Hargrave’s absence, either Easton Wood or Lukas Markovic look to be the likely replacement after impressive games in the VFL.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    What did that incident have to do with Jake King ? The incident you refer to sometime earlier was between Jackson and Hargrave. Hargrave may or may not have got off lightly but this doesn't excuse King's later and separate act particularly in light of Selwood's MRP charge.
    I might have my wires crossed, but are we talking about King's reaction to the Hargrave-Jackson incident?

Post Thanks / Like

I might have my wires crossed, but are we talking about King's reaction to the Hargrave-Jackson incident?
    I had a look at the video and that was a nice smack in the face Hargrave gave Jackson.

see video here

Post Thanks / Like

Not too long after the Hargrave-Jackson incident King took it upon himself to verbalise / get in Hargrave's face down in the goals square to let him know his feelings on the incident. Fair enough, get that. Shaggy let him vent on him no doubt knowing he had down wrong on Jackson.

Some time later in the game Hargrave was in a contest out on the southern stand side flank / wing which resulted in Ryan hurting himself and for a period lay flat on his back in obvious discomfort. King obviously still aggrieved by the incident some time back with Jackson took it upon himself to go to Ryan, whilst he was in pain, lying on his back, and shove him further with no less force than what Joel did to his brother.

I just don't understand how Selwood would get sighted for manhandling an injured player (his brother) when King's identical act on Shaggy would not be assessed in the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I had a look at the video and that was a nice smack in the face Hargrave gave Jackson.

see video here
    btw BD, just noticed from your link that we've now passed 30k members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    btw BD, just noticed from your link that we've now passed 30k members.
    Yes its been about a week, hopefully they will stick with the club next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice whack by Shaggy. Jackson is one AFL player who deserves a good punch in the mouth.