Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking trades

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Talking trades

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Hall chose the Dogs the year previous, when he did have options, only to have Roos stop the deal.
    That is indeed true

Post Thanks / Like

Does having a gun pointed at your head count
    One Jade Rawlings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Does having a gun pointed at your head count
    One Jade Rawlings
    One would have to question a players head space if he was somewhere he didn't want to be. Sure they would play football but is their heart in it.

I would never bother with a player if he stated he didn't want to be at your club, I would focus our energy on some one who did.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Neither had many other options though
    Carlton were also after Hall and Essendon were after Aker.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yes, the story goes that Sheedy asked Aker why he'd want to join that "shit club", referring to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How can you compare 20 years ago to today?

For what is worth didn't we delist the Hawk and he was drafted by Fitzroy?
    Oh I'm not really comparing I'm just noting a historical trajectory from my point of view. I was a young broken hearted kid when these guys left. Just feels like no one of the Dempsey, Quinlan calibre have ever come to our club just prior to them coming into their prime. Other clubs always seem to do better from our outs. (other than perhaps Richmond with Judas et al). Yes we delisted Hawk, even worse IMO, shameful really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Akermanis and Hall. Pretty big fish who CHOSE the dogs.

It's something.........
    Both at the very ends of their careers, Hall was good for us no doubt and Aker was serviceable but it was really a short term leg up. It's different.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Carlton were after Hall but they opted out after they were advised against it by Stone. It was a one horse race when it came time for Hall to chose allegiances. Hall was left with one option, probably his preferred considering Eade was at the club.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Carlton were after Hall but they opted out after they were advised against it by Stone. It was a one horse race when it came time for Hall to chose allegiances. Hall was left with one option, probably his preferred considering Eade was at the club.
    He was also a Footscray supporter growing up.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yes, the story goes that Sheedy asked Aker why he'd want to join that "shit club", referring to us.
    Words can't express my hatred of Sheedy.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    But it has never been right for us has it? on the contrary we trade out all our big fish rather than lure them. Even though some of them didn't want to stay we still traded Templeton, Dempsey, Round and Quinlan, shite, we even traded Hawkins in the end.
    There would be times when it is right for us - I just don't believe that time is now.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Sheedy then probably blamed the umpires for Akermanis knocking back Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Akermanis and Hall. Pretty big fish who CHOSE the dogs.

It's something.........
    Pretty big fish who were at the tail end of their careers and who both came with significant risks attached.
    When is the last time we've attracted a big name to our club who is under 30 or hasn't come with a sizeable risk attached? When have we ever?
    We are delusional if we think we are a chance to snare a big name.
    Best we can hope for is a yet to prove himself youngster, fringe, role or fading veteran type

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Pretty big fish who were at the tail end of their careers and who both came with significant risks attached.
    When is the last time we've attracted a big name to our club who is under 30 or hasn't come with a sizeable risk attached? When have we ever?
    Best we can hope for is a yet to prove himself youngster, fringe, role or fading veteran type
    When was the last time we were after one of these types, especially since Jade Rawlings scared us off that kind of quick fix?
    For all their brovado and money who have Collingwood lured away in the modern era?
    A very good but aging Ruckman and a slow mid on one leg, not exactly Buddy or Jono Brown. Yes they were both good players but Ball was on the fringes of St Kilda and Jolly was a star but only had a couple of years left in him as we are seeing now. How is that any different to what we normally get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

You have a serious inferiority complex YHF. So much negativity in your posts of late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    You have a serious inferiority complex YHF. So much negativity in your posts of late.
    Not inferiority nor negativity, reality.
    Just because I am not asking if we are a chance to land Tippett, or if we are going to go hard for Caddy or as per some earlier in the year, should we throw the bank at Cloke does not make me negative.

I am just acknowledging the reality, that we are for whatever reason not seen as a destination of choice for high profile players seeking to find a new club.
    I don't like it one little bit mind you. It makes me sick to the stomach that even during our recent successful times that we are never seriously in the hunt for a marquee player. And that the only way in recent times we were able to secure someone of relative profile was due to skullduggery and manipulation - when we landed Rawlings.

It makes me frustrated that a Mitch Clark would choose a Melbourne over us, or that whenever a decent player in his prime is looking for a new club, we are NEVER that player's club of choice.

I tell you what though it is getting a little worrying that if anything but the peachy keen positivity view point is presented here, people get shot down and personally accused of having an inferiority complex.