Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking trades

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Talking trades

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He helped Geelong win the 2009 GF.
    Did he ever. Pity Raph Clarke pulled the best game of his life out of his arse a week earlier because he reverted to type in the 2009 GF and was pantsed by Byrnes.

Byrnes is clearly now behind Stokes and Christensen but he would still be miles ahead of Djerkurra.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon have only offered Gumbleton a one year deal (reportedly).

I think we should entertain the idea of luring him with a two year deal if we believe he is medically OK and he comes relatively cheap.

Given they have only offered him a one year deal, one would think their asking price couldn't be too high. But, it is Essendon..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Essendon have only offered Gumbleton a one year deal (reportedly).

I think we should entertain the idea of luring him with a two year deal if we believe he is medically OK and he comes relatively cheap.

Given they have only offered him a one year deal, one would think their asking price couldn't be too high. But, it is Essendon..
    Essendon offer (reportedly) their very talented, yet injury prone KPP a 1 year deal... We sign ours for 3.

Any wonder our list is up shit creek?

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon offer (reportedly) their very talented, yet injury prone KPP a 1 year deal... We sign ours for 3.

Yep - the Cordy deal is ridiculous, but I've vented my frustrations on Ayce/that deal enough.

Thoughts on approaching Gumby, Mantis?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - the Cordy deal is ridiculous, but I've vented my frustrations on Ayce/that deal enough.

Thoughts on approaching Gumby, Mantis?
    I thought Mantis was referring to Williams.

Tommy has a better injury record than Gumby, but 3 years did raise eyebrows - perhaps we offered less dollars for a longer term?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought Mantis was referring to Williams.

Tommy has a better injury record than Gumby, but 3 years did raise eyebrows - perhaps we offered less dollars for a longer term?
    Ah, yes. I forgot about that one.

3 years is again silly, but at least Williams can play.

Post Thanks / Like

and Will Minson one year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that we have a lot of talls but out of those talls (Minson, Cordy, Campbell, Roughead) do you see a really good ruck man coming from there or should we go for someone from another team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I know that we have a lot of talls but out of those talls (Minson, Cordy, Campbell, Roughead) do you see a really good ruck man coming from there or should we go for someone from another team.
    Roughead was being groomed at the start of the season as the number one support ruckman to Minson but with his move to the backline it would seem that Campbell has taken over that mantle. Campbell has emerged as a ruckman for the future for one so young. His palming is actually better than big Will's but does need more ruck work at senior level and more experience to match some of the better ruckmen in the competition.
    I think Cordy is still a fair way off being a senior ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Roughead was being groomed at the start of the season as the number one support ruckman to Minson but with his move to the backline it would seem that Campbell has taken over that mantle. Campbell has emerged as a ruckman for the future for one so young. His palming is actually better than big Will's but does need more ruck work at senior level and more experience to match some of the better ruckmen in the competition.
    I think Cordy is still a fair way off being a senior ruckman.
    I suggested in another thread somewhere that Macintosh from North Melbourne could be a good ruck man too look out as he is clearly not North's number one ruck and has potential.

Post Thanks / Like

I suggested in another thread somewhere that Macintosh from North Melbourne could be a good ruck man too look out as he is clearly not North's number one ruck and has potential.
    I'm pretty sure MacIntosh is in his late 20's, certainly no younger than Will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm pretty sure MacIntosh is in his late 20's, certainly no younger than Will.
    He's 28.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

North should have traded him when he had currency.

No idea why they kept him when they a) had better rucks, b) had depth in rucks and c) had holes everywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

North should have traded him when he had currency.

No idea why they kept him when they a) had better rucks, b) had depth in rucks and c) had holes everywhere else.
    I reckon at that time he would have been a good pick up for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon at that time he would have been a good pick up for us.
    How far back are you thinking?

Ruck has never really been an area of concern with Huddo & Minson always doing more than holding their own.