Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cooney

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cooney

... Such a damn shame that Cooney has to go out like this. Surely all medical options have been exhausted, as this injury has now been with him for 4 years (since the end of 08'). The club wouldn't be so unprofessional as to not have turned over every stone in trying to find a medical solution for his knee.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the smart business decision is to pay him out his last year on his contract and free up a spot for a draft pick in 2013.

I also suspect the insistence (on Cooney's part) to play out the season may have been accepted by the match committee conditionally. By this I mean, he may be playing out the last few games to see if he will go on next year all together.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cooney

Quote Originally Posted by 2PotScreamer View Post
    ... Such a damn shame that Cooney has to go out like this. Surely all medical options have been exhausted, as this injury has now been with him for 4 years (since the end of 08'). The club wouldn't be so unprofessional as to not have turned over every stone in trying to find a medical solution for his knee.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the smart business decision is to pay him out his last year on his contract and free up a spot for a draft pick in 2013.

I also suspect the insistence (on Cooney's part) to play out the season may have been accepted by the match committee conditionally. By this I mean, he may be playing out the last few games to see if he will go on next year all together.
    I hope that is the case barring some medical miracle.