Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 22

Bankers

Wallis- His work in close today with excellent. Was most impressed with his tackling pressure.

Boyd/Griffen-Both played very good games today, ball use was very good which we haven't been able to say about both these blokes at times this year.

Talia- Body work for an 18 year old was very good. Was not overawed in 1 on 1 contests with JPod.

Anchor-

Marco- Costly turnovers at stages and really struggled at times.

Poor Skill- especially by foot in crucial times. Very disappointed with some basic errors.

Half Forwards- Just didn't offer enough early in the game. Some worked there way into it nicely but particularly early Hunt, Enright etc had a field day.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think it matters whether a player comes through the rookie list or the main draft, as long as we get it right.
    You would hope that we get our top drafts right more than we do our rookies.
    Especially this year. These first two picks are so critical to the long term future of the side it's not funny.

Could get two Buddy Franklins, to two Tim Walsh's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    You would hope that we get our top drafts right more than we do our rookies.
    Especially this year. These first two picks are so critical to the long term future of the side it's not funny.

Could get two Buddy Franklins, to two Tim Walsh's.

It is critical this draft. It could work for us but it could also not work. The signs will show in a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Bankers:

Boyd...46 touches and by my reckoning the overwhelming majority were constructive. Enormous game from the captain
    Djerkurra...I don't really rate him but he was outstanding today. To his credit he may have given himself a chance saving his career.
    Skinner...I've bagged him for weeks now. Again to his credit I saw the first signs today that he may have something. Long way to go though. That missed goal in the last didn't do his cause any favours.

Apologies to Howard, Minson and Cooney. Touches of the old Cooney today.

Anchors:

Dwayne Russell...tool of the highest order. His lovefest with Geelong is unbearable. Some of his comments today were cringeworthy
    Dickson...like him a lot but really struggled to impact the game today
    Markovic...for every great thing he does, he buggers two things up.
    Absolutely agree. I lasted till half way through the first quarter before turning the sound completely off so I could no longer hear what that moron was on about. Completely condescending towards the Bulldogs and hero worshipping every action by Geelong

Agree cringeworthy

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    DJ - thought he was really good in patches and showed what he can do.
    Skinner - as per DJ
    Jong - like his attack on the ball.
    2nd Half - considering our fade outs it was certainly good to see the boys dig in and take it to Geelong. Let's hope it is a sign of things to come next year.
    Boyd - great game from the captain. His disposal is often much maligned, however today it was very good. Hopefully it is an area of his game that he will work on.

Anchors
    Turnovers - a number of times we turned it over lead to Geelong goals - particularly kicks straight to the opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Boyd/Griffen/Wallis/Minson - clearance work was very good.
    J.Grant - Took his opportunities.
    Picken - job on Stevie J was very good.
    Roughead and Talia - a good effort on a good duo of power forwards.

Anchors:

-So many numbers in defence that we had nobody to kick to once we got the ball.
    -Dickson and Markovic had poor games.
    - Skinner's attempts to tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

DJ's performance was light years above that previously displayed. If he played like that every week we would be rushing to re-sign him.

One blemish, just to remind us of his ball-handling skills, saw him running with the ball, making no attempt to bounce it, kick it or handball it and he just simply dropped the pill which was gathered by the opposition who raced away with it to goal.

So bad it was funny.

Nearly as funny as the game when Tutt got a free for around the neck???